These Golden Graham smores bars are a delicious and crunchy sweet treat. that are perfect for when you want smores but can’t light the fire. With chocolate, marshmallows, and Golden Grahams cereal in every bite these indoor smores taste incredible.Jump to Recipe
Why I love Golden Grahams treats
This recipe is so simple and easy to make. These indoor smores Golden Graham bars are a great treat for the kids. They love to eat actual smores but I can’t always can’t them the real deal. Not to mention how messy real smores are for a toddler to eat!
These bars can be made in advance and set aside as well as eaten cold. Perfect for making life a little simpler.
Ingredients for Golden Graham Smore Bars
- Golden Graham cereal
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making this smores dessert with Golden Grahams
I like my “Krispie treats” to be on the softer side rather than solid so I use a full stick of butter from start to finish. If you like yours to be a little harder then reduce the amount requested by 2 or 3 tablespoons worth.
Another tip is to not overwork the marshmallows. This is a big one as a lot of people will over stir the marshmallows as they melt, causing them to become hardened as they cool.
Also, if you’re making this on a hot summer day or the house is warm be prepared for the chocolate to make it not want to set. I personally keep my Golden Graham cereal bars stored in the fridge simply because the chocolate can’t melt that way.
Are Golden Graham smores dairy free?
Believe it or not, they can be! The cereal itself is dairy free (I checked my box) and you can use dairy free chocolate chips as well as plant based butter to make the dish 100% dairy free.
How long are these cereal bars good for?
These bars can last up to a week in the fridge before becoming stale. They should still be safe to eat at that point, but the texture is a little different. Some are okay with this and others are not so take note.
How to make Golden Graham smores
- Rub a cold stick of butter along the inside of your baking dish, making sure to get the corners and sides.
- In a large pot, melt the rest of the stick of butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and melt on med/low stirring occasionally. Reserve a few marshmallows for later.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and add in the chocolate chips. reserve a few marshmallows for later.
- Add the cereal to the marshmallows and chocolate mixture and toss to coat.
- Wait about 30 seconds and then add in the reserved marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into 9×13 baking dish and let cool and harden.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Other tasty treats to enjoy
- Almond Bark Popcorn
- Vegan Mug Brownies
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Easy Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Golden Grahams Smores Bars
- 5 cups Golden Graham Cereal
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Grease the inside of your 9×13 baking dish with butter and place the rest of the stick of butter into the pot.
- Once the butter has melted completely, add in the marshmallows, reserving a few for later. Stir the marshmallows occasionally to prevent burning or stcking.
- Remove from heat and add in the chocolate chips, reserving a few for later and stir.
- Add in cereal and stir to coat.
- Wat about 30 seconds and then add in the reserved marshmallows and chocolate chips, stir to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Let harden and cool before cutting and serving. I place mine in the fridge or freezer for a faster set time.
This Golden Graham smores bar recipe is an easy to make treat that everyone will love. Try it today and see for yourself.