These Golden Graham smores bars are a delicious and crunchy sweet treat. that are perfect for when you want smores but can't light the fire. With chocolate, marshmallows, and Golden Grahams cereal in every bite this indoor smores taste incredible.
These bars are a delightful combination of Golden Grahams cereal, marshmallows, and chocolate, creating a chewy, sweet, and satisfying treat that both kids and adults will adore.
This golden Grahams treats recipe is so simple and easy to make. There's no need for a campfire or an oven; you can whip up a batch of these bars in your kitchen. The recipe is very family-friendly, making it a great activity to do with kids.
Whether you're planning a camping-themed party, a special dessert for a family gathering, or just want a delightful snack, indoor smores Golden Graham bars are a fantastic choice. The combination of crunchy cereal, gooey marshmallows, and sweet chocolate creates a treat that's hard to resist.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- You can make them ahead. These smore bars can be made in advance and set aside as well as eaten cold. Perfect for making life a little simpler.
- They're flavorful. All of the best tasting parts of a smoker in a convenient square. Of course, these treats never last long around here.
- Minimal ingredients. These smore bars are similar to making rice krispie treats. They don't require too much to make them, and the steps are very simple too.
Golden Graham cereal- The base of this recipe is some golden graham cereal. This will give us a honey graham cracker taste that pairs well with the chocolate and marshmallows (like smores!)
Mini marshmallows- Use a bag of mini marshmallows to bind the cereal together and give us a gooey sweet bar treat.
Chocolate chips- You can use semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
🔪 Instructions for Golden Graham Smores Bars
Step 1: Rub a cold stick of butter along the inside of your baking dish, making sure to get the corners and sides. Set aside.
Step 2: Add butter to a large pot over low heat.
Step 3: Cook until melted.
Step 4: Add in mini marshmallows.
Step 5: Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat.
Step 6: Add in chocolate chips.
Step 7: Stir until the chocolate has melted and been incorporated.
Step 8: Stir in the Golden Graham cereal.
Step 9: Pour and press into your prepared baking dish.
Step 10: Let cool and set for about an hour.
Step 11: Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
If desired you can stir in some unmelted marshmallows before pressing the cereal into the pan for a nice appearance and soft texture in every square.
Another tip is to not overwork the marshmallows. This is a big one as a lot of people will over stir the marshmallows as they melt, causing them to become hardened as they cool.
Also, if you're making this smores dessert with golden Grahams on a hot summer day or the house is warm be prepared for the chocolate to make it not want to set. I personally keep my Golden Graham cereal bars stored in the fridge simply because the chocolate can't melt that way.
💭 Recipe FAQs
Believe it or not, they can be! The cereal itself is dairy free (I checked my box) and you can use dairy free chocolate chips as well as plant based butter to make the dish 100% dairy free.
These bars can last up to a week in the fridge before becoming stale. They should still be safe to eat at that point, but the texture is a little different. Some are okay with this and others are not so take note.
Yes, you can add extras like chopped nuts, dried fruits, or even additional chocolate chips to enhance the flavor and texture of the S'mores Bars.
❤️ More Delicious Treat Recipes
If you tried this Golden Grahams Smores Bars, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Golden Grahams Smores Bars
- 5 cups Golden Graham Cereal ($1.95)
- ¼ cup Butter ($0.50)
- 1 bag (10oz) Mini marshmallows ($1.12)
- 1 cup Chocolate chips ($1.07)
- Rub a cold stick of butter along the inside of your baking dish, making sure to get the corners and sides. Set aside.
- Add butter to a large pot over low heat.
- Cook until melted.
- Add in mini marshmallows.
- Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted and been incorporated.
- Stir in the Golden Graham cereal.
- Pour and press into your prepared baking dish.
- Let cool and set for about an hour.
- Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!