These chocolate-covered cheesecake stuffed strawberries are a delicious dessert that's easy to make. With just a few ingredients you can bite into juicy sweet and savory strawberries.
Strawberries are one of the most beloved fruits in this house and it's not hard to see why. With these stuffed strawberries we take a fruit that's great on its own and give it an upscale treatment.
Cheesecake is incredible and these cheesecake-filled strawberries dipped in chocolate couldn't be any easier to make. Sometimes I don't even stuff the berries, and just use the cream cheese as a dip!
I only make this cheesecake stuffed strawberries recipe a few times a year because I cannot stop myself from eating them by the dozen. They're irresistibly good!
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Fresh strawberries
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make cheesecake stuffed strawberries dipped in chocolate with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Wash and hull your strawberries. Slice off the bottom pieces just enough that they can stand upright. Place on paper towels to dry as you prep everything else.
In a small bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals and stir between each until smooth. This takes about 1 minute.
In a mixing bowl cream the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth. Fill a Ziploc bag or a pastry bag and snip off the corner.
Dip dried strawberries into chocolate and twirl off the excess. Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet so that they are standing upright.
Pipe the cheesecake filling into the strawberries leaving a little bit on the outside of the berry (purposely overfilling them).
Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top.
Let the chocolate set and then enjoy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Cheesecake stuff chocolate-covered strawberries are simple but a few tips will really help when making this stuffed strawberries recipe.
The cream cheese-filled strawberries can be done with a pastry bag and fitted tip or with a Ziploc bag and snipped corner. Either one works well!
I also highly recommend making sure that you take a paper towel and run it along the inside of the strawberries to try and dry it out after cutting/washing. This will help to keep the filling from immediately falling out and to stick inside better. Ask me how I learned that trick... trial and error.
If you want the berries to stand upright before filling, make sure to cut a flat spot on the bottom and then pat it dry too.
You can use any type of chocolate. I used milk chocolate chips, but you could use semi-sweet, dark chocolate, melters chocolate, or even colored melting chocolate. They all work, but each will bring a new flavor to the table.
You can prep them up to a day in advance and keep them stored in the fridge IF you wait until the last minute to add the graham cracker crumbs. Leaving the crumbs on for too long will give you a soft and somewhat mushy cookie.
With your paring knife, take it along the top green part of the strawberry. Insert it not far from the base of the green, and at an angled circle it around the berry to pop the green top off.
Then, carefully move the knife around the inside of the berry to remove the white/pink stuff in the center to make space for the cheesecake filling. Just be careful not to poke a hole in the wall of the strawberry.
More delicious dessert recipes
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Clone of a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Pink Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers
- Raspberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- Easy Microwave Scotcheroos
- Honey Bee Cupcakes
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate
- 1 8oz Package cream cheese, softened ($1.98)
- ½ cup Powdered sugar ($0.12)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.02)
- 2 tablespoon Crushed Graham crackers (about 1 whole) ($0.03)
- 1 lb Fresh strawberries (washed and hulled) ($2.24)
- 1 cup chocolate chips ($0.99)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil ($0.05)
- Wash your strawberries. Hull them out and cut off the very tip of the bottom so that the strawberries can stand upright. Take a paper towel and pat down the inside and out. Set them aside.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until smooth. This should take about 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fill a pastry bag or use a Ziploc bag with the cream cheese and snip the corner.
- Dip the strawberries into the chocolate and shake off excess. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat until all strawberries are dipped and standing on the sheet.
- Pipe your cheesecake filling into the prepared strawberries, leaving them a little overfilled so that there is some on the outside of the berry.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the top of the cheesecake filled berries.
- Place baking sheet in fridge and allow to set before serving.
Leave a Reply