This chicken divan casserole is one you'll want to repeat often. It's got everything from flavor to textures and is always a huge hit in my own house.
Chicken divan casserole is a great way to stretch this simple dish. One batch makes an entire 9x13 pan that is very filling, although my husband and I often go back for more than our fill because it's too good to stop eating.
This is the best chicken divan recipe. It's so creamy, flavorful and good, it never lasts long enough to have leftovers the following day.
- Chicken breast
- Ritz crackers
- Cream of chicken soup
- Egg noodles
- Frozen broccoli
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Large pot
- 9x13 baking dish
- Measuring cups
🍴 Recipe Tips
Choosing the topping for this easy chicken divan casserole- While you can leave the Ritz cracker topping off of this casserole, I always say it tastes better with than without. A lot of people choose Panko or other breadcrumb style topping but I like how the buttery saltiness of the Ritz crackers blends so well with this dish.
You can also chop the frozen broccoli into smaller bits and pieces or buy the bag where it's already chopped (a big time saver!)
Yes. Personally, we love this recipe so much more with egg noodles than with any other type, but you can choose whatever you have on hand.
Absolutely! It's also a huge time saver! Shredded chicken in this recipe tastes great, so go ahead and stash a little aside while you're meal prepping.
Yes you can. Make it up to a day in advance and keep it covered in the fridge before baking as directed.
You can get your leftovers to last a few days (about 5) in the fridge if you keep them stored in an airtight container.
Check out how to make chicken divan casserole with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Boil egg noodles per package directions, drain and then set aside.
Using the pot your noodles were in, cook your chicken breast and onions until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the onions are soft. Turn off the heat.
In a large liquid measuring cup or in a bowl, whisk together the cheese, cream of chicken, milk, and sour cream.
Add to chicken and onions. Mix well.
Mix together with the cooked egg noodles and broccoli.
Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
In a small bowl crush your Ritz crackers and add in the melted butter. Stir until combined.
Sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the casserole.
Bake and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before serving.
Scoop and serve.
Other incredible recipes to check out!
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 3 Ingredient Southern Style Biscuits
- Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup
Chicken Divan Casserole
- 1 12oz Bag Egg noodles ($1.78)
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup ($0.58)
- ⅔ cup Sour cream ($0.34)
- 1 12oz Bag Frozen Broccoli Florets ($0.77)
- 1 Chicken breast, diced ($1.99)
- ½ cup Milk ($0.08)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded ($0.93)
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers ($0.59)
- 2 tablespoon Butter, melted ($0.18)
- ½ cup Onions, diced ($0.35)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil egg noodles per package directions, drain and then set aside
- Using the pot your noodles were in, cook your chicken breast and onions until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the onions are soft. Turn off the heat.
- Add in your sour cream, cream of chicken, milk and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Add in the cooked egg noodles and broccoli. Stir until everything is coated.
- Pour everything into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl crush your Ritz crackers and mix with the melted butter. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.