Ice cream cone brownies are a delicious chocolate treat that you can take anywhere. Eat as-is or top with ice cream for brownies A la Mode.
Are you a brownie corner kind of person or do you like the center? Do you like the brownies cake-like or gooey? These ice cream cone brownies have everything inside.
From a crispy chewy top to a gooey center and a cake-like bottom all surrounded by a crisp and chewy ice cream cone, you have an incredible treat in your hands.
Of course, if you don't want it as gooey and good in the center you can always cook it a little longer for a more cake-like center inside.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's easy to make. Making a boxed brownie mix is very easy and requires almost no effort at all. This recipe is almost as easy as that, except we pour the batter into cones instead of a baking dish.
- Minimal ingredients. All you need is some prepared brownie mix and ice cream cones.
- Perfect for sharing. One batch makes plenty to share, but once you try these brownies, you may not want to share. That's fine too because they freeze well.
Boxed brownie mix- Use a box of your favorite brownie mix. I like to see Pillsbury or Duncan Heins.
Eggs- Eggs will give us the texture we want from the brownies and help add richness.
Oil- For the necessary fats that your brownies need to stay moist, you will need some vegetable oil.
Water- This is needed to hydrate the mix.
Ice Cream Cones- Use flat bottomed ice cream cones to hold the prepared brownie mix.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make ice cream cone brownies with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Take a box of brownie mix and prepare it according to the cake-like instructions (the one wanting 3 eggs).
Place your ice cream cones in the baking dish of choice and spoon the batter inside. You want it to come up to the bottom of the wide ridge. If you need an exact measurement, it's about 3 tablespoons.
Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes at 350F degrees for a gooey center cupcake.
30 minutes or longer if you want the cakey center- double check it's done when a toothpick comes out clean.
For a gooey brownie, the toothpick test is not needed.
Let cool for about 5 minutes or longer (your choice) and serve with a scoop of delicious vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
The trick to getting the brownie ice cream cones to not be "too full" is to try and stick with a ⅔rd of the way full method. Unfortunately, with the unique shape of cones, it can be a tad tricky trying to find that point.
I've found that by looking at the cones from an angle I can use the bottom ridge of where the cone widens as a measuring gauge. Bring the batter up to that point, maybe just a tiny bit over, and you should be good.
Getting the cones to stay upright while baking can also be tricky. Some good suggestions include:
- Placing the cones upright in a muffin tin.
- Covering a baking dish with heavy duty foil and poking a hole in the foil for the cones to stand in so that they're held in place while baking.
💭 How to transport ice cream cone brownies
If you want to take a bunch of these cuties to the next get-together or party, you can find transportation to be a bit difficult.
- When they're unfrosted simply decorate them there and keep them stored in an airtight container.
- If they're frosted, a baking dish covered in foil, with foil poked holes for the cones to stand in will work.
- Another great idea is to buy a disposable aluminum baking pan, flipping it upside down on a large baking sheet and poking holes in it for the cones to stand in.
Other sweet dessert recipes to sink your teeth into
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cheesecake Brownies
- Golden Grahams Smores Bars
- Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
Ice Cream Cone Brownies
- 1 Box (18.3oz) Brownie mix ($1.24)
- ¼ cup Water ($0.00)
- ⅔ cup Vegetable oil ($0.32)
- 3 large Eggs ($0.24)
- 12 Ice Cream Cones ($1.88)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix with water, oil, and 3 eggs as directed by box.
- Scoop the batter into the ice cream cones, about 3 tablespoons, or until it reaches the bottom of the wide ridge. You want them ⅔rds of the way full.
- Place your ice cream cones in the baking dish of choice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. For a gooey center, 25 minutes should be good, no toothpick test needed. The top of the brownies will sink as it cools.
- Let cool and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.