A rich and creamy dessert made from boxed red velvet cake mix and a fast cheesecake batter. Together they're the perfect dessert and taste as great as they look.
If you've ever made a red velvet cake before, then you know that it can be a bit of a pain to get "just right." Trying to make red velvet brownies isn't much easier. Thankfully boxed cake mixes are fast, easy, and super simple to make!
The cheesecake batter is also pretty easy to make- as simple as mixing everything together until smooth. Pair them together, and you have a minimal-prep dessert that tastes great!
These easy red velvet cake mix cheesecake brownies are a tasty treat that everyone can enjoy. With the bright fun colors and richness, they're a special dessert for any occasion.
- Boxed red velvet cake mix
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make easy red velvet cheesecake brownies with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
In one mixing bowl combine your melted butter, cake mix, and an egg.
In another bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. If you use cold cream cheese it will have lumps, try to get them as small as possible- softened cream cheese is ideal.
In your greased baking dish press the brownie batter down into the pan with your fingers and push up a little on the sides to create a lip.
Pour the cheesecake batter over the top of the brownie batter and spread it out evenly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can come out almost clean.
Let it rest until cooled and then transfer to the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This helps the cheesecake to set.
🍴 Recipe Tips
The batter for the brownie mix is very thick, great for a crust, but if you want it a little softer then you can add up to 3 tablespoons of oil or water to the brownie batter.
Yes, you could use that size, but by doing so the cheesecake brownie will be a lot thinner. If you like your dessert bars to be thinner and chewier vs soft and tender, then this could be a great size for you to try.
If you make yours in an 8x8 then it can be evenly sliced into 9 pieces (as shown). However, I should warn you it's a very rich dessert and if I could re-cut them I'd make the bars half the size because they're very filling. 2-inch by 2-inch squares would be ideal.
Keep your brownies covered in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can wrap the baking dish in plastic wrap or keep the pieces in an airtight container with parchment paper in between each layer.
Other tasty bar dessert recipes to try
- Easy Microwave Scotcheroos
- Fruity Pebbles Treats
- Devil's Food Cake Mix Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Frosted Hershey Cocoa Brownies
- Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 box Red velvet cake mix ($1.34)
- 2 large Eggs ($0.16)
- ⅔ cup oil ($0.16)
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened ($1.98)
- ¼ cup Sugar ($0.06)
- 1 large Egg ($0.08)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.01)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your baking dish and set it aside.
- In one mixing bowl combine the oil, cake mix, and eggs.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Press the brownie mix into the bottom of the baking dish and push up around the sides to create a little lip/crust/edge.
- Pour the cream cheese batter over the brownie and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Let the cheesecake rest until it's cooled and then place in the fridge for an hour or two for the cheesecake to set before serving.
- The batter for the brownie mix is very thick, great for a crust, but if you want it a little softer then you can add up to 3 tablespoons of oil or water to the brownie batter.
- This brownie dessert is very rich and filling. 2 inch by 2 inch serving sized squares are ideal.