Cereal treats take a fun spin with fruity pebbles cereal. Making fruity pebbles treats is easy, delicious, and leads to a colorful square to snack on later.
We love cereal treats over here...well..we love ALL treats over here. That said, fruity pebbles are a colorful and flavorful twist on the ordinary cereal bars we usually have. these fruity pebbled rice crispt treats have a special place in our hearts.
With just a few minutes and a few simple ingredients, an entire batch of fruity pebbles rice krispies can be made and ready.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Vanilla Extract
- Fruity Pebbles cereal
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Large pot
- 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
🍴 Recipe Tips
I'm a big fan of soft and gooey-like marshmallow treats but sometimes things can go a little "wrong" in the kitchen and produce a hard cereal bar. I'm sure we've all been there and experienced that disappointment.
So a great trick to avoid this is to under-stir the marshmallows. Let them melt over a lower temperature and barely stir them. The more you "work them", the more you cause them to firm up. Same with cooking them on too high of a heat.
It's similar to grabbing a melted marshmallow from the microwave and stretching it a few times back and forth. Notice how it firms up as it gets hard and eventually becomes kind of brittle. Over stirring your marshmallows in the pot, is a similar workout for these marshmallows. Follow this tip and you'll have soft fruity pebble marshmallow treats every time.
Making sure to use a well-buttered or greased pan is key. Spraying the pan with nonstick cooking grease or rubbing it down with butter will help to get your treats out of the pan every time. In the worst-case scenarios adding a sling of wax paper to the pan could also help to pull up the treats when ready to slice.
If you heat your marshmallows under too high of a heat or over-stir the mixture, you can create hard and brittle marshmallow fluff that results in hard and stale Krispie treats.
You can store this fruity pebbles treats recipe in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 days. The good news is that they are freezer friendly too! Simply wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a few weeks. let thaw on the counter for about 15 minutes before eating.
Yes, you could use salted butter or unsalted depending on your preference. While unsalted butter may keep the flavors true, a little salt from salted butter could really make the flavors pop and add a nice contrast.
Check out how to make fruity pebbles treats with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and cook until almost completely melted, stirring minimally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the cereal until well mixed.
- Pour the cereal into a greased 8x8x baking dish and press it down with greased hands to compact it into the pan.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
More great recipes to try
- Streusel Dessert Pizza
- Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves
- How to Roast Frozen Green Beans
- Valentines Cream Puffs
- Instant Pot Beef Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Green Beans
Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 6 tablespoon butter ($0.56)
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows ($1.00)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ($0.02)
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal ($2.00)
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium low heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and cook until almost completely melted. Stir minimally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in the vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Stir in the cereal until well coated in marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the cereal into a well greased 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish. Press down into pan to compact, using clean greased hands.
- Let the cereal cool completely to set before slicing and serving.