These brownie mix cookies are fudgy in the center and chewy on the outsides. It's like the best combination of your favorite brownies mixed with an easy cookie form. You're going to love them!
Making chewy brownies cookies from cake mixes is nothing new but making chocolate cookies from brownie mix is something special. Brownies have a special place in our hearts as being the chewy, fudgy, gooey squares of love we need and crave. But when you turn them into cookies, it's a game over and an instant win.
We LOVE this brownie batter cookies recipe and have been toying with it here and there to find what does or doesn't work (and let me tell you that there is a lot out there that just doesn't work).
If you love the centers of brownies to be soft, fudgy and gooey, but still enjoy the chewy firmer edges around the pan, then these brownie fudge cookies are for you. Dust with some powdered sugar or grab a glass of milk and dig in!
- Brownie mix: You can use Ghiradelli brownie mix or Duncan Heins. Other brands may work also but look for the boxes that are 18 ounces in size (says it fits a 9x13 baking dish) because these are the perfect size to use.
- Butter: You will need melted butter to give us the rich fudgy centers we desire. Dairy-free butter or regular butter will both work well.
- Eggs: Use a few eggs to help bind the dough together well and give us a great texture.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
If you find that your dough is too thick to roll together into balls add in about 1-2 tablespoons of water. This will make the dough wetter and get it to hold together better.
Chilling the dough will help to make the butter colder which in the end gives you a gooey center. It will also help to give you a thicker cookie as it will be less likely to flatten during the baking process.
A fun tip to help not make a mess as you melt your butter down is to place it in a bowl in the microwave. Set it to defrost for 2 minutes and allow the butter to cool slightly before use so that you don't accidentally cook the eggs in the batter.
Making brownie cookies from brownie mix will become your new favorite way of making chocolate cookies!
These brownie mix cookies will last about 3-5 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. I think that they taste best when eaten within 2 days.
Yes, you can add up to a cup of chocolate chips to the batter when mixing.
Yes, you can use melted (and cooled) shortening to the batter instead of butter. The flavor and texture will change a bit but it still tastes pretty good. Better flavor results will come from using butter flavored Crisco.
Check out how to make brownie mix cookies with these simple step-by-step instructions:
In a bowl mix together all of the cookie ingredients until well blended and then place the bowl in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Scoop the dough into 1.5-2 Tablespoon sized balls and place onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
More great recipes to try
- Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Easy DIY Among Us Sheet Cake (Buttercream Transfer Tutorial)
- 20 Delicious Summer Squash Recipes
- Cherry Coke Cupcakes
- Old Fashioned Creamed Corn
- Cheesy Potato Soup
Brownie Mix Cookies
- 1 box (18.3oz) Brownie mix (box might say 9x13 size)
- 2 large Eggs
- ⅓ cup Melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon water *if needed *if needed
- In a bowl mix together all of the cookie ingredients until well blended and then place the bowl in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough into 1.5-2 Tablespoon sized balls and place onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.