This Golden Grahams smores mix is a delicious and flavorful snack that doesn't require any baking! It's perfect for road trips or rainy days indoors and filled with cereal, marshmallows, and chocolate. YUM!
My son and daughter devour this snack mix about as fast as I can make it. It's crazy! Everything about it is easy to make and the flavors are on point for smores.
It's a fun treat to make for any occasion, but we enjoy it best on long road trips. Giving the kids a little snack here and there to munch on keeps me from hearing them beg for fast food and keeps their hangry attitudes in check.
From the crunchy graham cracker flavored cereal to the rich chocolate and soft marshmallows in every handful, this smores mix is sure to please everyone.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's great for road trips. This golden graham treats tastes great and it's portable too. I love being able to sneak a few cups worth into a plastic bag and taking with us as we're out and about.
- It's easy to make. All you need is 3 ingredients and a few process steps to make it. With minimal effort and time needed, you can focus on other things.
- It's delicious. Eating dry cereal is a fun snack already, but add in the marshmallows and chocolate and you have a winner. From the graham taste to the chocolate drizzle, this snack mix is perfect.
Golden Graham cereal- This cereal will give us that graham cracker taste we expect when we think of smores.
Mini marshmallows- You will want to add mini marshmallows to the snack mix because larger ones are too big to be cohesively blended throughout the mix.
Chocolate chips- Melting down and drizzling milk chocolate chips over this snack mix will give you that iconic smores taste in every bite.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Step 2: Top with cereal and spread it out.
Step 3: In a small microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips in 30 second bursts, stirring between each. This should only take about a minute until the chocolate is completely melted.
Step 4: Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the cereal trying to cover as much area as possible.
Step 5: Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over the top.
Step 6: Stick the pan in the freezer if needed, but let it cool until the chocolate has set.
Step 7: Break up the cereal and marshmallows that have been joined together by chocolate and place it in a large serving bowl for everyone to enjoy.
Step 8: Keep stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can make this mix pretty easily as you can imagine, but if you're looking for a similar but still tasty dish with these 3 ingredients then check out my Golden Grahams Smores Bars!
To keep the mess and clean up minimal I highly recommend using parchment paper it makes it much easier for the cooled chocolate to come up and off of the baking sheet and allows you to keep more of the chocolate in this recipe and not on the pan.
You could but this indoor smores recipe won't taste the same. While this recipe would taste incredible with cereals like Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Chex, none of them taste like a graham cracker as much as Golden Grahams.
IT IS! Golden Grahams cereal (the name brand shown here) is dairy free (I personally checked). You can use a dairy free chocolate and make this recipe 100% dairy free with no substitutions needed!
Store the mix in an airtight container at room temperature. It can also be refrigerated to extend its shelf life.
❤️ More Delicious Snack Recipes
If you tried this Golden Grahams Smores Mix, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Golden Grahams Smores Mix
- 4 cups Golden Graham Cereal ($2.00)
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows ($0.50)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips ($0.99)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay your cereal on top.
- In a small bowl, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cereal using a spoon. Try to get as much covered as you can.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows over the cereal and chocolate.
- Place the sheet in the freezer for about 5 minutes until the chocolate has set.
- Using your hands, break up the cereal mix into smaller chunks so that it's easier to serve and eat. Pour into a large serving bowl and enjoy.
- Keep stored in an airtight container.