A delicious Godfather's copycat recipe that tastes so close to the real thing you won't tell the difference! Well, maybe you'll notice how much more affordable it is compared to delivery. 😉
One of my favorite memories as a kid was getting to order delivery from Godfathers since we lived just a short drive away. They had an M&M topped streusel pizza that I always looked forward to.
Of course, I grew up and deliveries grew further apart until I completely forgot about this part of my childhood. But once I remembered, I had to order again, only to my dismay, there were no more M&Ms.
I can't afford delivery every time I had a craving so I figured out how to make my own Godfathers streusel dessert pizza and I don't even miss the real thing. This copycat Godfathers dessert pizza is as close to the real deal as I can get.
This is fine because my kids only pick off the M&Ms anyway so paying for delivery would be a waste of cash and would mean an entire dessert pizza would end up in my stomach instead of being shared between us all.
- Warm water
- Active dry yeast
- Flour (all-purpose or bread flour)
- Olive oil
- Cinnamon butter
- Brown sugar
- Mini M&Ms
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 9 inch cake pan
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can use storebought pizza dough to cut down on time and effort if desired, but homemade is always a winner in my book. This is the same pizza dough recipe that I use in my No Rise Pizza Dough Recipe.
Double or triple the pizza dough recipe and use the dough for a homemade pizza night complete with this dessert and you'll have a fun time on your hands!
While all-purpose flour works perfectly fine, using bread flour can get you closer to that real dough flavor you expect from delivery.
Also, you're going to have a lot of streusels leftover for other uses. Top it over some Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins or save it in the fridge for another cinnamon streusel dessert pizza soon.
Check out how to make cinnamon streusel dessert pizza with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Proof the yeast in the warm water and let rest 5 minutes.
Add in the remaining pizza dough ingredients and mix until the dough comes together.
Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
Place the dough in a greased cake pan and let it rest on the stove as the oven preheats to 450 degrees F.
In a bowl mix the streusel ingredients together until well mixed and looking like large pea-sized balls.
Once the dough has rested and the oven is preheated, press the dough down in the cake pan.
In another bowl, melt the butter and mix in the cinnamon. Brush over pizza dough.
Sprinkle the streusel over the pizza dough, you will not need it all.
Sprinkle M&Ms over the streusel.
Bake the dessert pizza for 10 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted in the center and come out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
Make the icing and place it in a bag and snip off one corner.
Drizzle the icing around the dessert pizza in about 5 or 6 circles.
Slice and serve warm.
This leftover pizza is good in the fridge for about 3-5 days. I recommend reheating for a minute in the microwave for that fresh delivered taste and a softer chew.
The pizza dough can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the fridge in an airtight container or wrapped well with plastic wrap. I would wait until you're at least within a few hours of eating before preparing the entire dessert pizza though.
Either! While it tastes good cold, I recommend enjoying it while it's nice and warm. that's how Godfathers serves it. 😉
More great dessert recipes to try
- Zucchini Bread Mini Loaves
- Apple Cider Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Valentine Cream Puffs with Raspberry Whipped Cream
- Cookies and Cream Cinnamon Rolls
- Single Layer Yellow Cake With Chocolate Frosting
Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
- 9 inch cake pan
- ¾ cup warm water (about 110 degrees F) ($0.00)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast ($0.54)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, or bread flour ($0.16)
- 1 teaspoon sugar ($0.01)
- ¾ teaspoon salt ($0.08)
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil ($0.20)
Cinnamon Butter Mixture
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted ($0.09)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon ($0.05)
- ½ cup plus ⅓ cup of flour ($0.07)
- ⅓ cup sugar ($0.07)
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar ($0.02)
- 2 tablespoon shortening ($0.09)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil ($0.26)
- ¼ cup mini M&Ms ($0.56)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar ($0.17)
- 1 tablespoon warm water ($0.00)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract ($0.01)
- In a large bowl, place your warm water and yeast. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add in the flour, salt, sugar, and olive oil. Stir and mix to combine. Dough will be shaggy.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Grease 9 inch round cake pan and place the dough ball inside. Let rest on top of the stove while the oven preheats to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, olive oil, and shortnening needed for the streusel. Mix until large pea-sized crumbs appear. Set aside.
- After the oven has preheated and the pizza dough has rested, press the dough down into the bottom of the cake pan in an even layer.
- Brush the melted cinnamon butter mixture over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle your streusel mixture over the top of the dough. You will not need all of it. (You can save it for other dessert pizzas or even muffins later).
- Sprinkle the mini M&Ms over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted in the center and come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 5-10 minutes.
- Make icing by mixing the powdered sugar, water, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Transfer to a baggie and snip the corner. Make circles around the dessert pizza (about 5 or 6).
- Slice your streusel pizza and serve warm.
Recipe TipsDouble or triple the pizza dough recipe and use the dough for a homemade pizza night complete with this dessert and you'll have a fun time on your hands! While all-purpose flour works perfectly fine, using bread flour can get you closer to that real dough flavor you expect from delivery. Also, you're going to have a lot of streusels leftover for other uses. Top it over some Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins or save it in the fridge for another cinnamon streusel dessert pizza soon.
StorageThis leftover pizza is good in the fridge for about 3-5 days. I recommend reheating for a minute in the microwave for that fresh delivered taste and a softer chew.
Make AheadThe pizza dough can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the fridge in an airtight container or wrapped well with plastic wrap. I would wait until you're at least within a few hours of eating before preparing the entire dessert pizza though.
Recipe lightly adapted from RumblyTumbly.
Leave a Reply