This watermelon smoothie bowl is packed with healthy fruits and made thick enough you'll need a spoon. Enjoy a delicious bowl of your favorite summer fruits as a fun way to beat the heat and get a great start to your day.
Nothing is better than fresh summer fruits and serving it up this way is not only fun but easy. My kids can be quite picky about what fruits they eat raw but put them in a smoothie and watch them disappear! Even berries they claim to dislike are enjoyed every sip of the way.
If desired you can serve up your watermelon breakfast smoothie in a glass with a straw but it's thick enough you may need a spoon, so serving it up in a bowl is a great idea.
Packed with so many berries and fruits this watermelon bowl is a perfect treat for summer and so naturally sweet it's practically a dessert. But don't forget about all the wonderful nutrients inside this purple smoothie.
- Frozen watermelon
- Orange Juice
- Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Measuring cups
- Bowl and spoon
🍴 Recipe Tips
Making this berry watermelon smoothie is super easy (and fun) all you need is a blender.
You can adjust the overall thickness of the smoothie by using frozen fruits instead of fresh. You can also add in more frozen yogurt for a creamier and thicker texture as well.
We like our watermelon smoothie bowl recipe to be a mash-up of frozen watermelon with whatever berries we have in the fridge.
Using frozen yogurt helps to keep it nice and thick while keeping it pretty healthy compared to ice creams. It also helps to keep the smoothie colder, but if you happen to have Greek yogurt on hand, adding it in instead is totally fine.
Any of your favorite berries and fruits can easily work well with the watermelon. Blueberries, apples, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, coconut, and bananas are all fabulous fruit ideas. Other ideas can include spinach, acai berries, chia seeds, nuts, and mint leaves. The frozen watermelon flavor is subtle and goes well with practically anything.
Watermelon is said to be one of the best fruits to enjoy before weight loss because it's so filling and has a high water content. It also has amino acids that are great for burning fats. When paired with the other nutritious fruits in this smoothie it's a pretty great option for diets. So enjoy your healthy watermelon smoothie guilt-free.
If you don't have yogurt or frozen yogurt or would like to choose not to use them simply add in more frozen bananas. This will help to keep the drink sweet and thick when blended.
Check out how to make watermelon smoothie bowl with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Close the lid and press the button to puree the mixture together until it is smooth or desired consistency.
- Open the lid and check the consistency and taste. If needed you can add in more frozen fruits, yogurt, or even honey.
- Divide and pour the mixture into two serving bowls and add any topping desired.
- Serve immediately with a spoon.
More great summer recipes to try
- Frozen Whipped Lemonade
- Purple Cow Float
- How to Make an Italian Soda
- Summer Raspberry Cake
- Giant Sub Sandwich
- Quick Microwave Smores
Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen watermelon ($1.24)
- ½ cup strawberries ($0.54)
- ½ cup raspberries ($0.54)
- ½ cup blueberries ($0.56)
- ½ frozen bananas ($0.13)
- ¼ cup orange juice ($0.09)
- 1 scoop frozen vanilla yogurt ($0.29)
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients.
- Close the lid and press the button to puree the mixture together until smooth.
- Open the lid and check the consistency and taste. Add in more frozen fruits, yogurt, or even some honey as desired. (this is optional)
- Pour mixture into two serving bowls and top with fruits and/or nuts.
- Enjoy with a spoon immediately.