Wake up to a refreshing glass of strawberry banana orange smoothie. The perfect combination of fruits and flavors in every glass.
Tangy, sweet, creamy, and thick- this smoothie has everything you're looking for.
We love drinking smoothies around here, especially when they use frozen fruits. With recipes like this strawberry banana orange juice smoothie and our Pineapple Watermelon Banana Smoothie and Watermelon Smoothie Bowl, we can keep cool all summer long.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients. Made with just 4 simple ingredients, this recipe is tasty and easy to throw together.
- No complicated steps. All you have to do is toss some stuff in a blender and press a button. This recipe is perfect for those of us who do not want to spend too much time prepping or cleaning up afterward.
- It's customizable. Feel free to adjust the fruits or juices to suit your own tastes. This smoothie can be adjusted to fit whatever you have on hand.
Strawberries- Buy fresh strawberries and freeze them yourself in anticipation or buy them already frozen from the grocery store.
Banana- You'll want to use a frozen banana for this recipe, but if you're using fresh, make sure to check out the notes below.
Orange juice- Use some of your favorite orange juice to give this smoothie a citrus flavor and to help get the right consistency.
Yogurt- You will want to use some vanilla-flavored yogurt. Greek yogurt is best because it's thick and creamy, but any yogurt will work fine.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Fresh fruits. If using fresh (nonfrozen) bananas and strawberries, you will want to add in 1 cup of ice cubes to make this drink thicker. If using frozen fruits, the ice is not necessary.
Yogurt. You can use regular vanilla yogurt, Greek yogurt, or even coconut milk based yogurt for this recipe to make it dairy free.
Step 1: Add your frozen strawberries to the blender.
Step 2: Chop your frozen banana and add it to the blender as well.
Step 3: Now add in the orange juice and yogurt. Close the lid.
Step 4: Blend on high speed until smooth.
Step 5: Divide the smoothie between two drinking glasses.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Don't be afraid to add in more liquid if needed. Some blenders are more high powered than others, and a smaller personal sized blender may require more liquid to help blend everything together.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
For meal prepping convenience, go ahead and measure out the banana and strawberries into little containers and place them in the freezer in advance. Then all you'll need to do is place everything into the blender in the morning and push the buttons.
They do! The tangy sweet, and sour orange paired with the sweet and subtle banana creates a perfect flavor combination that works well in anything.
Smoothies are made nice and thick thanks to frozen fruits. The ice cold temperature helps to solidify the drink as they're broken down in the blender.
❤️ More Delicious Beverage Recipes
If you tried this strawberry orange banana smoothie, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Strawberry Orange Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries (fresh is fine too) ($0.34)
- 1 large Frozen Banana ($0.25)
- ¾ cup Orange Juice ($0.04)
- 1 cup Low Fat Greek Vanilla Yogurt ($0.29)
- Add your frozen strawberries to the blender.
- Chop your frozen banana and add it to the blender as well.
- Now add in the orange juice and yogurt. Close the lid.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie between two drinking glasses.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.