You're going to love this pineapple watermelon banana smoothie. It's made with just a few ingredients (most are in the name) and it's so wonderfully thick and naturally sweet that it feels like an indulgent treat.
This super easy and delicious watermelon pineapple smoothie is a fabulous and fun drink to enjoy all summer long. Made with fresh, frozen, or canned pineapple and your favorite ripe watermelon, you can have a pink drink ready in no time flat.
We love summer fruits and smoothies so this summer, we've been looking for fun combinations that work well together and this one is a huge hit! Even my pineapple-hating daughter asked for another glassful of this banana watermelon smoothie (shocking, right?)
Still have watermelon leftover? Check out this these Watermelon Smoothie Bowl and 3 Ingredient Watermelon Milkshake recipes!
Why This Recipe Works
- It's filling. This pineapple melon smoothie is very filling, so one glass could be a nice snack between meals if you're looking for a healthier way to curb your appetite and reduce snacking throughout the day.
- It's fast. If you've already got frozen watermelon on hand, you can have a glass full of smoothie ready in moments. Just put everything in the blender for a quick spin and serve.
- It's delicious! Made with tropical flavors and fruits this smoothie is a great option for everyone. The vitamins, calcium, and fiber are all pretty nice too.
Frozen watermelon- Save your leftover watermelon by slicing it and placing it on a baking sheet to freeze overnight. Or simply buy it already frozen from the grocery store (if your store sells it).
Pineapple chunks- You can use fresh or canned pineapple, depending on what you have on hand.
Frozen banana- A frozen banana will help to thicken this smoothie and add more sweetness, but you can use a fresh ripe banana if that's what you have on hand.
Orange juice- You'll want to use orange juice to get the smoothie to the perfect drinking consistency.
Frozen vanilla yogurt- I like to use frozen yogurt in my smoothies because it keeps them thick and cold. You can use chilled yogurt from the fridge, though!
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make watermelon smoothie with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Add everything to your blender and close the lid.
Press the buttons to blend everything at high speed until smooth.
Taste and adjust as needed by adding in more fruits if desired.
Divide the mixture between two drinking glasses and serve immediately.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can modify this watermelon yogurt smoothie as desired. If you want it thicker, add in more frozen banana; if you want it thinner, add in a little more orange juice.
You can even toss in any berries or fruits you happen to have on hand, including raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries. All of these would work great with this frozen watermelon smoothie.
If you want a stronger pineapple flavor, use fresh or frozen instead of canned.
This pineapple watermelon banana smoothie pairs great with frozen yogurt when looking for a nutritious sweet drink, but you could use Greek yogurt in its place if desired. Or vanilla ice cream if you just want it creamy and delicious and don't mind the added sugars.
Absolutely! Simply swap out the requested frozen yogurt and use more frozen fruits in its place, or simply omit it completely.. Taste, and adjust flavors as needed.
Yes. These two flavors really work well together because the watermelon is juicy, sweet, and subtle, whereas pineapple is more tart and in your face with its flavors. Together they make a nice symphony of flavors to enjoy.
Watermelon is a great weight loss fruit because of its amino acids and high water content. Adding in other fruits can help to pack a glass full of tasty vitamins, nutrients, and potassium.
More great summer time recipes to try
- Frozen Whipped Lemonade
- Quick Microwave Smores
- 2 Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars
- Creamy Tilapia and Spinach with Cherry Tomatoes
Pineapple Watermelon Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup Frozen watermelon ($0.34)
- ½ cup Pineapple chunks, fresh or canned ($0.24)
- 1 large Frozen banana ($0.25)
- 1 splash Orange juice ($0.04)
- 2 scoops Frozen vanilla yogurt (about 1 cup) ($0.29)
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender.
- Press the button to blend everything together on high until smooth.
- Open the lid and take a little taste sample with a spoon. Adjust if needed by adding in more fruits or juice as desired.
- Divide the fruit smoothie between two drinking glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply