Yogurt banana splits are exactly what you need to help you wake up in the morning. With your favorite yogurt, ripe banana, and delicious toppings like granola and fresh berries, your morning is going to be sweet!
I love waking my kids up in the morning and treating them to banana splits. Well, okay- half of that is true. I love making their banana splits, but I do enjoy the mornings when they sleep in, as any tired momma would.
These breakfast banana splits are great because they're so versatile and easy to throw together. With sliced bananas and their favorite yogurt, I can get them excited to eat something healthier than cereal (and with less effort than a full-course meal).
For more healthy breakfast options, make sure to check out my Air Fryer Custard Toast, Egg White French Toast, and Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
Why This Recipe Works
- They're easy to make. Split a banana in half and add everything to a bowl. This recipe is perfect for an easy breakfast option when you don't feel like cooking or doing too much prep work.
- They're customizable. Use your favorite fruits, yogurt, and granola toppings. This recipe can be customized however you want. We have yet to find a combination that wasn't enjoyed.
- They're fun! Who wouldn't want to wake up to a banana split for breakfast? Kids (and adults) love them!
Bananas- You will want some nice and ripe bananas for these banana splits.
Yogurt- Use your favorite yogurt or Greek yogurt for added protein and health benefits.
Fresh Berries- Adding fresh berries will give you a nice bowl of color and added benefits too. I recommend sticking with seasonal berries because they're cheaper.
Nuts- If desired, you can add in some of your favorite chopped nuts like pecans, walnuts, or slivered almonds.
Granola- Topping this treat with some granola is optional, but it's a great way to sneak in more crunch and flavor.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make yogurt banana split with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Peel a ripe banana and slice it vertically down the middle with a butter knife.
Place the two halves in a bowl and then scoop your favorite yogurt and place it between the two halves.
Top with fresh berries, nuts, and granola as desired.
Serve and enjoy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
I like to use whatever yogurt I have on hand ranging from Honey Greek yogurt to blackberry Yoplait for these splits. I have yet to find a yogurt that doesn't work well with bananas, but find it best to choose flavors we already know and love.
You can make your banana split even healthier by using Greek yogurts, low-fat yogurts, or healthier add-ons. You could even make it more of a dessert by using frozen yogurt instead of regular yogurt!
Absolutely! Protein (from the yogurt) and potassium (from the banana) combine to give your body some great nourishment. Not only that but together they can help to make your tummy feel full without getting bloated. Healthier yogurts like Greek yogurt are even better options for a good breakfast.
The name comes from the ice cream dessert where scoops of different flavored ice cream were served between two halves of a split banana. These yogurt banana splits have different yogurt flavors between a split banana, keeping the namesake alive (but better).
You can serve yours with different flavored granola, fresh berries like raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or any number of other tasty toppings. It helps to think of what you like in a yogurt parfait and then work from that.
More delicious breakfast recipes to try soon!
- Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits
- Smoked Salmon and Spinach Quiche
- Easy 45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Spinach Bacon Quiche
Yogurt Banana Split
- 2 cups Your favorite yogurt (or two single serving cups) ($1.08)
- 2 large Bananas ($0.36)
- Whole almonds
- Peel your ripe bananas and then slice them vertically down the middle with a butter knife.
- Place the two halves into a bowl. Scoop your favorite yogurt and place it between the two banana halves in the bowl.
- Top with some fresh berries, nuts, and/or granola as desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply