You're just three ingredients away from a simple, healthy, and delicious watermelon milkshake. It's so creamy good and perfect for summer!
If you're enjoying watermelon this summer like we are, then you may find yourself with some leftover after a BBQ.
This summer has been packed full of watermelon on our menu while we grill outside, but that leftover watermelon only lasts a few days in the fridge before it spoils, and there's only so much one can eat, right?
We took our leftover watermelon and froze it in chunks. With those chunks, we have made several frozen watermelon recipes that are absolutely incredible. This melon milkshake recipe is one of them.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's good for you. This healthy milkshake is light, creamy, refreshing, and super simple to make. The fact that it can be made pretty healthy is just a bonus.
- It's adjustable. you can change the milk or sweetner, add more or add less. Switch up your drink however you want!
- It's quick and easy. With some already frozen melon, it's very quick to throw this recipe in a blender and pulse until smooth. You can have a glass in just a minute or two.
Watermelon- You'll need about 3 or 4 cups of frozen watermelon, so plan this in advance to give your melon enough time to solidify in the freezer.
Milk- Use regular milk, whole milk, or even non-dairy milk of choice like almond or coconut.
Honey- To sweeten the drink just a tad, adding in honey really works great. Other sweeteners can be used as well (like agave or maple syrup)
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make watermelon milkshake with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Place your frozen watermelon into a blender and add in half of the requested milk.
Blend until smooth, adding in a little more milk as needed to get to your desired consistency.
Add in the honey or sweetener and blend again to combine.
Divide the milkshake into two drinking glasses and serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can adjust this watermelon milkshake recipe to your own tastes by adding in more or less milk for a thicker/thinner drink.
How to freeze watermelon
It helps to have the watermelon cut into smaller chunks before freezing. I recommend slicing the watermelon and placing it on a baking sheet for a few hours to freeze solid before transferring them to a bag or airtight container, as this helps to prevent the pieces from sticking together.
Yes, you can use ice cream or frozen yogurt to help thicken the drink and make it stretch even further. Start by adding 1 cup of ice cream and then taste and add more as desired.
Watermelon has a high water content, so that alone makes this shake pretty hydrating (perfect for summer). Other health benefits can include the vitamins from the melon, calcium from the milk, and the antioxidants from the honey used too.
Yes! Swap out the honey for a vegan-friendly alternative like agave and use nondairy milk. Then this recipe can be safely consumed by your vegan friends.
More great drink recipes to try
- Watermelon Smoothie Bowl
- Kool Aid Slushies
- Frozen Whipped Lemonade
- Caramel Iced Coffee
- How to Make an Italian Soda
- 3-4 cups frozen watermelon ($0.93)
- 2 cups milk ($0.38)
- 2 tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice ($0.28)
- Place your frozen watermelon into a blender and add in half of the requested milk.
- Blend until smooth, adding in a little more milk as needed to get to your desired consistency.
- Add in the honey or sweetener and blend again to combine.
- Divide the milkshake into two drinking glasses and serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.