You're just moments away from a simple, tasty, and refreshing 3 ingredient watermelon milkshake. It's so delicious and perfect for summer!
If you're enjoying watermelon this summer like we are, then you may find yourself with some leftover watermelon on hand after those BBQs and celebrations.
Our summer has been packed full of watermelon on the menu, but that leftover watermelon only lasts a few days in the fridge before it spoils, and there's only so much one can eat, right?
To combat this, we took our leftover watermelon and froze it in chunks. With those chunks, we have made several frozen watermelon recipes that are absolutely incredible.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's good for you. This milkshake is light, creamy, refreshing, and super simple to make. The fact that it can be prepared in a nutritious way is just an added bonus.
- It's adjustable. You can change the milk or sweetener, add more, or add less. Switch up your drink however you want!
- It's quick and easy. With some already frozen melon, it's very quick to throw this recipe in a blender and pulse until smooth. You can have a glass in just a minute or two.
Watermelon- You'll need about 3 or 4 cups of frozen watermelon, so plan this in advance to give your melon enough time to solidify in the freezer.
Milk- Use regular milk, whole milk, or even non-dairy milk of choice like almond or coconut.
Honey- To sweeten the drink just a tad, adding in honey really works great. Other sweeteners can be used as well (like agave or maple syrup)
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
🔪 Instructions for Watermelon Milkshake
Step 1: Place your frozen watermelon into a blender and add in half of the requested milk.
Step 2: Blend until smooth, adding in a little more milk as needed to get to your desired consistency.
Step 3: Add in the honey or sweetener and blend again to combine.
Step 4: Divide the milkshake into two drinking glasses and serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can adjust this watermelon milkshake recipe to your own tastes by adding in more or less milk for a thicker/thinner drink.
How to freeze watermelon
It helps to have the watermelon cut into smaller chunks before freezing. I recommend slicing the watermelon and placing it on a baking sheet for a few hours to freeze solid before transferring it to a bag or airtight container, as this helps to prevent the pieces from sticking together.
💭 Recipe FAQs
Yes, you can use ice cream or frozen yogurt to help thicken the drink and make it stretch even further. Start by adding 1 cup of ice cream and then taste and add more as desired.
Watermelon contains a significant amount of water, making this shake quite hydrating, which is ideal for summer. Other benefits may include the vitamins found in the melon, calcium from the milk, and the presence of antioxidants in the honey used as well.
Yes! Swap out the honey for a vegan-friendly alternative like agave and use nondairy milk. Then this recipe can be safely consumed by your vegan friends.
❤️ More Delicious Drink Recipes
If you tried this Watermelon Milkshake, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
- 3-4 cups Frozen watermelon ($2.18)
- 2 cups Milk ($0.40)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey or sweetener of choice ($0.48)
- Place your frozen watermelon into a blender and add in half of the requested milk.
- Blend until smooth, adding in a little more milk as needed to get to your desired consistency.
- Add in the honey or sweetener and blend again to combine.
- Divide the milkshake into two drinking glasses and serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.