This cookies n cream milkshake is a deliciously refreshing treat packed with your favorite cookie flavors. Made with Oreos and ice cream, you know it's going to be good!
We are loving this hot summer weather lately because it means more milkshakes and smoothies. I swear my blender is getting more use than the oven lately, haha. Not that anyone is complaining.
This deliciously thick oreo milkshake recipe only needs 3 ingredients and a minute or two of your time. It's so easy to make that you can have it made from start to finish in the time span of a commercial break on tv. Perfect for when you don't want to miss anything but still want something sweet to enjoy.
If you don't have ice cream on hand, you can try this Oreo Milkshake version instead! These two milkshakes taste almost identical in a blind taste test with the kids.
Why This Recipe Works
- Minimal ingredients. Sticking with the basics, we'll only need 3 ingredients to bring this recipe together. Add some whipped cream on top, if desired.
- It's quick. You can blend up a glass or several servings worth at once, and it's ready in seconds flat, making this perfect for a quick drink option.
- It's customizable. You can easily swap out the ice cream or cookie flavors for a different experience every time.
Oreo cookies- You will need some cookies for this recipe. Any variety of Oreos is fine, but off-brand cookies work well too.
Vanilla ice cream- You can use vanilla ice cream as the base of this recipe or swap it out for vanilla frozen yogurt.
Milk- Use just enough milk to give the milkshake an easier time in the blender.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Measuring Cups
- Drinking glass
Check out how to make cookies n cream milkshake with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Place the oreo cookies and ice cream in a blender with ½ cup of milk.
Blend until smooth.
Slowly add in more milk if desired to reach desired consistency.
Pour into a glass and serve with whipped cream and cookies on top.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can double or triple this oreo shake recipe as needed (assuming you can fit that much in your lender). This recipe only makes enough for one tall glass, so if you're looking to make enough for a family, doubling or tripling will cut down on a lot of time by just blending it all together.
As tempting as it is to snack on the Oreos, you may want to save a few for crumbling on top of your drink before serving. Of course, don't forget the whipped cream either because that just helps to complete the look.
To make an oreo milkshake, all you have to do is add milk, ice cream, and oreo cookies (in that order) to a blender before pulsing until the consistency you want.
You can use any milk that you may have on hand, from whole milk to low-fat milk or even dairy-free options too.
The ratio of ice cream to milk is what determines the consistency of the drink. Add your milk slowly until it's as thick or as thin as you want it to be.
More great drink recipes to try
- 3 Ingredient Watermelon Milkshake
- Kool Aid Slushies
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Caramel Iced Coffee
- Pineapple Watermelon Banana Smoothie
- Frozen Whipped Lemonade
Cookies N Cream Milkshake
- Drinking glass
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream ($0.58)
- 10 oreo cookies ($0.87)
- ½-3/4 cup milk ($0.16)
- Place the oreo cookies and ice cream in a blender with ½ cup of milk. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly add in more milk if desired to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and serve with whipped cream and cookies crumbled on top.