Sail away into sweet cookie bliss with this Chips Ahoy milkshake recipe. Made with real cookies, this recipe is almost too good to be true.
Milkshakes and summer are a perfect pairing, but cookies and milk are even better. That's why this milkshake recipe is such an awesome treat. With cookies and milk in every glass, it's the perfect frozen summer drink.
While we're normally putting Oreos in milkshakes like in these Banana Oreo Milkshakes, Cookies N Cream Milkshakes, Oreo Milkshakes Without Ice Cream, this is the first time we've tried a different type of cookie. And it certainly won't be the last!
Why This Recipe Works
- Kids love it! My kids are huge fans of cookies and milkshakes, so putting them together sounds like a no-brainer. With this recipe, I can use up the last few cookies in the pack and create a drink and snack in one.
- Minimal ingredients. With just three simple ingredients, you won't need much to make your own milkshakes at home. Minimal shopping, maximum flavor.
- It's simple. Nothing can be simpler than making a milkshake. Just add everything to a blender and push a button. Easy and ready in just seconds.
Ice cream- You will need some vanilla ice cream for the base of this recipe. Feel free to swap it out for frozen vanilla yogurt if desired.
Chips ahoy cookies- You'll want to buy a pack of these delicious cookies. You can us the original version or the chewy version and still get great results!
Milk- This is used to thin down the milkshake to a perfect drinking consistency.
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make Chips Ahoy milkshake with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Add ½ cup of milk to the blender. Having liquid on the bottom helps to mix everything up more thoroughly.
Add your cookies to the blender.
Add in the vanilla ice cream.
Add the lid.
Blend on High until smooth.
Pour your milkshake into a drinking glass.
Top with whipped cream and additional garnishes.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
Milk. If you want, you can use nondairy milk, low fat milk, or even half and half instead.
Ice cream. If you don't have vanilla ice cream you can use dairy free ice cream (like coconut based ice cream) or even vanilla frozen yogurt. I often use vanilla frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can adjust the consistency of this milkshake to your own liking by adding in more ice cream (if you want it thicker) or more milk (if you want it thinner).
Offbrand is okay!
Also, don't feel obligated to stick with the name brand version of this cookie. Off-brand cookies work just as great in this milkshake. (Tip: I like to use Aldi brands cookies.)
You can double or triple this chips ahoy milkshake recipe as needed (assuming you can fit that much in your blender). This recipe only makes enough for one tall glass, so if you're looking to make enough for a family, doubling or tripling will cut down on a lot of time by just blending it all together.
Yes, absolutely! The best part about making your own milkshakes at home is getting creative. Try this recipe with some chocolate ice cream or cookie dough ice cream!
No, unfortunately. Milkshakes are best served immediately after being made. The ice cream will melt and cause the drink to soften as time goes on, so the drink becomes thinner and less desirable than when it was fresh.
Yes. Feel free to swap out the Chips Ahoy for a different brand, one that is gluten free. My kids simply adore Mr.Beast's gluten free cookies, and they would work very well in this milkshake recipe too. But feel free to use your favorite GF cookie alternative.
More great Frozen treats to check out soon
Chips Ahoy Milkshake
- ½-¾ cup Milk ($0.18)
- 2 cups Vanilla ice cream ($0.58)
- 1 cup Chips Ahoy cookies (about 8 cookies) ($1.29)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Maraschino cherries
- Put all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, until smooth, then pour into a serving glass.
- Top with whipped cream, maraschino cherry, and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve immediately with a straw.
- Milk. If you want, you can use nondairy milk, low fat milk, or even half and half instead.
- Ice cream. If you don't have vanilla ice cream you can use dairy free ice cream (like coconut based ice cream) or even vanilla frozen yogurt. I often use vanilla frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.
- You can adjust the consistency of this milkshake to your own liking by adding in more ice (if you want it thicker) or more milk (if you want it thinner).
- You can double or triple this brownie milkshake recipe as needed (assuming you can fit that much in your blender). This recipe only makes enough for one tall glass so if you're looking to make enough for a family, doubling or tripling will cut down on a lot of time by just blending it all together.
Leave a Reply