Peppermint iced coffee is a delicious way to get your favorite winter beverage any time of the year. Made with coffee, peppermint extract, and ice, you'll feel caffeinated, chilled, and refreshed.
One of my favorite winter flavors is peppermint. From my morning peppermint Hot Chocolate Coffee to my evening bowl of White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn, I make sure to keep the flavor going all season long.
This iced peppermint latte allows me to bring those flavors into the warmer seasons too. From the refreshing mint to the smooth coffee taste, this drink is a wonderful way to feel refreshed all summer long.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's quick and easy. Made with just a few simple and basic ingredients, you can have an iced coffee ready to drink in no time.
- Simple ingredients. Coffee, ice, flavoring, milk, and sweetener are all you'll need to make this recipe, but don't forget some whipped cream and peppermint pieces for fun garnishes!
- There are no lines. Forget the shoes, the car keys, and the 10-minute wait as you stand in line with strangers. When you whip up your coffee at home, you can enjoy the simpler things without hassle.
Ice- You will need a few cups of ice cubes to chill your drink down. Prepare for more ice if using hot coffee because it'll melt quickly.
Coffee- You can use your favorite freshly brewed (or chilled) coffee. (Warm coffee will dissolve the sugar more quickly).
Sugar- Add in a little granulated sugar for the sweetener. Adjust to taste.
Milk- To help cut down on some bitter coffee taste, you'll want to use some milk. Use any milk of preference.
Peppermint Extract- To give your coffee that candy cane flavor, you'll want to use peppermint extract, NOT mint extract.
Whipped Cream- This is an optional garnish on top that makes the coffee more fun to drink.
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make Peppermint Iced Coffee with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Add your sugar to the bottom of a tall glass.
Add in the coffee and stir to dissolve the sugar. Mix in the peppermint extract.
Add in your ice cubes. You'll want to leave about 1.5-2 inches of space at the top of the cup for the milk (you can always add more ice if needed).
Add in the milk.
Stir well to combine.
Top with whipped cream (if using) and peppermint pieces for garnish.
Serve immediately and enjoy cold.
Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the hot coffee mixture for a nice vanilla peppermint flavor combination.
For a dairy-free iced peppermint coffee, simply swap out the milk for a dairy-free alternative. For toppings, there are store-bought coconut whipped cream options available for garnishing.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can adjust the coffee to your own tastebuds by adding in more sweetness, milk, or peppermint extract (be careful, as a little extract goes a long way!)
Instead of using whole fat milk see unsweetened almond milk. The calories for 1 cup of almond milk are significantly less than a cup of whole milk and as a result your drink will be very "skinny" and low calorie.
I have used Truvia sweetener with this coffee recipe and loved it! You can use a sugar alternative that's similar to sugar (like Truvia or Stevia), but I don't recommend maple syrup or honey (they change the drink's flavor).
By using freshly brewed espresso or a strongly brewed coffee you can make this drink stronger in both coffee taste as well as caffeine content. To make strongly brewed coffee, reduce the amount of water used or increase the coffee grounds used so that it's about 2 tablespoons of ground coffee to 6 ounces of water.
More great beverage recipes to check out soon
Peppermint Iced Coffee
- 2 cups Ice (can use more or less depending on preference) ($0.00)
- 1 ½ cups Brewed coffee (hot or cold) ($0.08)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Granulated sugar ($0.01)
- ½ cup Milk, divided ($0.08)
- ¼ teaspoon Peppermint extract ($0.01)
- Whipped cream
- Add your sugar to the bottom of a tall glass.
- Add in the coffee and stir to dissolve the sugar. Mix in the peppermint extract.
- Add in your ice cubes. You'll want to leave about 1.5-2 inches of space at the top of the cup for the milk (you can always add more ice if needed).
- Add in the milk.
- Stir well to combine.
- Top with whipped cream (if using) and peppermint pieces for garnish.
- Serve immediately and enjoy cold.