This blue cookie milkshake is made with TWO types of cookies and vanilla ice cream. It's the perfect dessert for all the little monsters out there.
I love to create fun milkshake recipes for my kids, and with Florida's warm weather always in the forecast, that means we can have milkshakes any time of the year!
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Kids love it! My kids are huge fans of cookies and milkshakes, so putting them together sounds like a no-brainer. Adding the blue coloring just adds to the fun!
- It's quick. You can blend up a glass or several servings worth at once, and it's ready in seconds flat, making this perfect for a quick drink option.
- Minimal ingredients. Sticking with the basics, we'll only need 5 ingredients to bring this recipe together. Add some whipped cream on top, if desired.
Cookies- You will want to use both Chips Ahoy cookies as well as Oreo cookies for this recipe. Off-brand cookies are totally fine too!
Blue food coloring- Use a few drops of blue food coloring to get your milkshake to the perfect hue. If you'd like to avoid food dyes, you can simply omit this ingredient.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Milk. If you want, you can use nondairy milk, low fat milk, or even half and half instead.
Ice cream. If you don't have vanilla ice cream you can use dairy free ice cream (like coconut based ice cream) or even vanilla frozen yogurt. I often use vanilla frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.
Fancy Cup Rim Idea
Want to make your drink look festive and fun? Do this before blending your shake:
- Spread some canned chocolate frosting around the rim of your drinking glass. You'll want it about 1 inch wide around the rim at the top.
- Next, gently press on some broken pieces of Oreo cookies and Chips ahoy cookies. Place the glass into the freezer while you prepare the milkshake.
- After filling your glass with the blue milkshake, top it with whipped cream and more cookie pieces.
Step 1: Add your vanilla ice cream and ½ cup of milk to your blender.
Step 2: Add in the cookies.
Step 3: Add the lid and blend on High speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
Step 4: Open the lid and add in some blue food coloring.
Step 5: Blend again to combine. Open the lid and add in more coloring to make the blue darker, if needed.
Step 6: Pour into a drinking glass.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can adjust the consistency of this milkshake to your own liking by adding in some ice (if you want it thicker) or more milk (if you want it thinner).
You can double or triple this milkshake recipe as needed (assuming you can fit that much in your blender). This recipe only makes enough for one tall glass, so if you're looking to make enough for a family, doubling or tripling will cut down on a lot of time by just blending it all together.
Milkshakes can be just ice cream and milk, but usually, they contain a flavoring or sweetener. For example, chocolate syrup, cookies, or fresh fruit.
Yes, you can add ice to a milkshake if desired. This would help to thicken it up nicely if you don't wish to add more ice cream.
You'll want about 2 cups of ice cream to ½ cup of milk, and from my plentiful research, I have found that I can get almost exactly 2-2.5 cups of ice cream from about 5 or 6 full scoops of ice cream.
❤️ More Delicious Milkshake Recipes
If you tried this blue monster cookie milkshake, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Blue Monster Cookie Milkshake
- ½-¾ cup Milk ($0.18)
- 2 cups Vanilla ice cream ($0.58)
- ½ cup Chips Ahoy cookies (about 4 cookies) ($0.65)
- ½ cup Oreo cookies ($0.66)
- 2-4 drops Blue food coloring ($0.05)
- Whipped cream
- Add your vanilla ice cream and ½ cup of milk to your blender.
- Add in the cookies.
- Add the lid and blend on High speed for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Open the lid and add in some blue food coloring.
- Blend again to combine. Open the lid and add in more coloring to make the blue darker, if needed.
- Pour into a drinking glass.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Adjust consistency with ice for thickness or more milk for thinness.
- Double or triple the recipe for larger servings.
- Decorate the rim with chocolate frosting and cookie pieces before blending