Serve up something sweet and crunchy with these air fryer cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. Made with just a few basic ingredients, you can have a tasty treat in minutes.
Tortilla chips are a delicious snack and treat, especially when served with a side of Tomato Jalapeno Salsa, but this recipe is made to be sweet and perfect on its own.
Covered in cinnamon sugar, these crunchy, homemade tortilla chips are chewy and fabulous. Serve them with homemade fruit salsa or whipped cream, or even turn them into some Ice Cream Nachos for a little more fun!
Why This Recipe Works
- Minimal ingredients. You only need 4 things to bring this recipe together, keeping your shopping list (if you even need one) minimal and affordable.
- It's great for leftover tortillas! Have leftover tortillas after making some Chicken Nugget Wraps or Cheesy Bean and Rice Burritos? Don't toss them out! Make some cinnamon sugar tortilla chips and enjoy a sweet snack you won't soon forget.
- It's quick! From the fast prep to the 5 minute or so cook time, you can have a batch of ready to eat chips in less time than it takes to find a good show to watch on tv. Add a bowl of these cinnamon chips to your next movie night and watch them disappear.
Flour tortillas- You will need some flour tortillas for this recipe. You can use any size tortilla, but I like to use the 8 inch ones.
Sugar- Use some granulated sugar for the base of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Butter- Melted butter will help to get the spiced sugar to adhere to the tortillas, and it adds a lot of nice flavors too.
Cinnamon- Use some ground cinnamon (more or less) to suit your tastes.
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Small Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Pastry Brush
- Air Fryer
- Pizza cutter
Check out how to make Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Add your sugar and cinnamon to a small bowl.
Mix together until well combined.
Melt your butter in another bowl and brush it over the front and back of a flour tortilla.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the butter.
Rub the sugar mixture around the front and backside of the tortilla to coat it well.
Use a pizza cutter to slice the tortilla into wedges.
Repeat with all tortillas.
Line your air fryer basket with some parchment paper and lay the cinnamon-coated tortillas in an even layer on the parchment.
Air fry for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees F. Make sure to shake the basket halfway through.
After the chips are finished, remove them and place them on a wire rack or plate to cool before serving. Be careful as they will be hot.
Tortillas. I have heard that many people enjoy this recipe using corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. If you'd like to try them with corn tortillas, feel free to do so. Nothing in the recipe steps will change as a result of this swap.
If desired, you can add a pinch of nutmeg to your cinnamon sugar mixture or a splash of vanilla to the melted butter for added flavor.
🍴 Recipe Tips
This recipe makes a lot of chips, but the amount can be reduced by half if desired for a smaller amount. I don't recommend doubling the recipe or increasing the quantity, as that will overload the air fryer and cause the chips to turn out undercooked in some areas.
🥗 Side Dishes
While this recipe is a perfect snack on its own, it would taste great served with some fruit salsa or apple pie dip, or you can serve it up with ice cream. Add a scoop of ice cream on top of a plate of cinnamon tortilla chips for homemade Ice Cream Nachos.
These chips also taste great served with a warm chocolate drizzle, honey, or whipped cream on top. Adding some crunchy nuts like spiced pecans can also be a great way to make them feel more seasonal.
You can keep leftover chips stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, but for the best results, I would recommend eating them within 2 or 3 days.
If your chips are still a bit chewy after being cooked, that simply means that they need a little longer to cook. Add a minute or two to the air fryer and check on them midway. Sometimes they only need as much as 20 seconds to fully crisp up!
Flour tortillas are higher in calories but create softer and puffier chips. They also have a natural sweetness that pairs nicely with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Corn tortillas are a healthier option, but they may become crisper. Overall the biggest difference is the texture.
I use salted butter and like to use it when possible, but you can use either one! Salted butter helps to bring out the flavors in the recipe, but unsalted butter is delicious too.
More great snack and treat recipes to check out soon
- Spicy Deviled Eggs
- Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
- 21 Unicorn Food Ideas To Inspire Your Next Party!
- Honey Bee Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream
- Dairy Free Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 Ingredient Guacamole
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
- Small Bowl
- Pizza cutter
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch) ($1.00)
- ½ cup granulated sugar ($0.11)
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted ($0.36)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon ($0.20)
- Add your sugar and cinnamon to a small bowl. Mix together until well combined.
- Melt your butter in another bowl and brush it over the front and back of a flour tortilla.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the butter. Rub the sugar mixture around the front and backside of the tortilla to coat it well.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the tortilla into wedges. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Line your air fryer basket with some parchment paper and lay the cinnamon-coated tortillas in an even layer on the parchment.
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees F. Make sure to shake the basket halfway through.
- After the chips are finished, remove them and place them on a wire rack or plate to cool before serving. Be careful as they will be hot.
Leave a Reply