Chicken nugget wraps are a simple recipe made with only 4 ingredients! From the crispy lettuce to the soft nuggets and ranch dressing, these wraps are packed with flavor and perfect for lunch.
I swear that my son could live off of chicken nuggets if he could. Well, that and popcorn or PBJ sandwiches haha. But this momma can only eat so many nuggies before they get boring.
Thankfully, I can get creative in the kitchen when needed, haha. So chicken nugget sandwich wraps were born! Note that this also works great for dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets too, although I just tell my youngest that the round nuggets are dino egg shaped.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's convenient. Made with very few ingredients and prep, you can have your wraps ready in about the same time it takes to serve the kids their plates.
- You can customize them! Add more veggies or flavors, swap out the type of tortilla wrap used, etc.
- They're great for leftovers. Leftover nuggets happen, maybe not often, but they do. Turn those uneaten nuggets into a delicious meal for later with the idea of this wrap.
Chicken Nuggets- You can use any of your favorite chicken nuggets for this recipe.
Cheddar Cheese- I like to use cheddar cheese, but any shredded cheese could work.
Flour Tortillas- You will need to make sure that your tortillas are burrito size or similar. Otherwise, your wraps will be small and may not close completely. If you still have tortillas to use up, try our Tortilla French Toast and Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Chicken nuggets. If you do not have chicken nuggets on hand or do not wish to use them, you can instead use 4 cooked and breaded chicken tenders. 1 long tender can easily replace 4 small nuggets.
To make this recipe lower in calories and carbs, here's what you can do:
- Swap out the ranch salad dressing for Skinny Girl Ranch Dressing. These wraps taste GREAT with the Chipotle Ranch dressing!
- Add a little more lettuce to the wrap.
- Reduce the amount of cheddar cheese used to about 1 tablespoon per wrap.
- Use low-carb flour tortillas (I usually find these at Walmart).
🥣 Recipe Add-Ins
Adding sliced avocado as well as peeled and sliced cucumbers would be a great way to add more filling to these wraps as well as nutritious crunch and texture.
🔪 Instructions for Chicken Nugget Wraps
Step 1: Cook your chicken nuggets according to the package directions. Let cool until safe to handle.
Step 2: Lay out your tortilla on a clean surface.
Step 3: Spoon some dressing onto the tortilla and spread it around, leaving a 1 inch space around the edges.
Step 4: Add some lettuce leaves over the top of the ranch dressing.
Step 5: Lay about 4 cooked chicken nuggets down the center of the tortilla.
Step 6: Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the nuggets.
Step 7: Begin sealing your wrap by folding up the bottom of the tortilla.
Step 8: Bring in the sides, one at a time, while encouraging the bottom edges to go up and into the wrap to seal it closed.
Step 9: Once the bottom and sides have been folded in, your wrap is ready to eat.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Make sure to use already cooked chicken nuggets for this recipe. You can use cold or warm nuggets, but you want to make sure that they've been cooked fully before using them.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
You can make these wraps up to a few hours in advance. If making them a day or two in advance, you'll want to put the dressing inside of the lettuce instead of the tortilla. So example: Tortilla, lettuce, THEN ranch, chicken nuggets, etc. This will prevent the tortilla from getting soggy.
Keep any uneaten chicken wrap stored in an airtight or well-covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
💭 Recipe FAQs
These wraps can be as healthy or as unhealthy as you make them. You can easily make a few ingredient swaps to give you a healthier experience if desired.
I like to add a little kick of heat to my chicken nugget wraps by either using chipotle ranch dressing or adding some hot sauce to the wrap before I roll it up. You can also just use spicy chicken nuggets.
You can use less of the wet ingredients like sauce and keep them away from the outer tortilla. Another idea is to wrap them in foil so that they can better retain their shape.
❤️ More Delicious Lunch Recipes
If you tried these Chicken Nugget Wraps, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Chicken Nugget Wraps
- 16 Chicken nuggets, cooked ($1.92)
- 4 (8 inch) Flour tortillas ($1.11)
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing ($0.21)
- Lettuce Leaves ($0.25)
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese ($0.44)
- Cook your chicken nuggets according to the package directions. Let cool until safe to handle.
- Lay out your tortilla on a clean surface.
- Spoon some dressing onto the tortilla and spread it around, leaving a 1 inch space around the edges.
- Add some lettuce leaves over the top of the ranch dressing.
- Lay about 4 cooked chicken nuggets down the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the nuggets.
- Begin sealing your wrap by folding up the bottom of the tortilla.
- Bring in the sides, one at a time, while encouraging the bottom edges to go up and into the wrap to seal it closed.
- Once the bottom and sides have been folded in, your wrap is ready to eat.