A Banana Oreo milkshake is a thick and delicious drink perfect for cooling off this summer. Chocolate and bananas are a great flavor combination, and this drink will surely become a household favorite.
Relax this summer with a creamy banana oreo shake in your hands. Made with frozen bananas, cookies, and ice cream, you already know it will be good!
This banana cookies and cream milkshake has a special place in our hearts, but don't forget to check out these Brownie Milkshakes, Cookies N Cream Milkshakes, and Watermelon Milkshakes for more summer fun.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients. One of the best reasons to make milkshakes is simplicity. Just a blender and some simple ingredients are enough to create a fabulous drink that has you coming back for more.
- The flavor. This recipe gives you delicious chocolate and banana flavors in every sip, and neither is too overpowering or subtle. Together it's like that banana fudge pop you'd buy from the ice cream man, except in the form of a classic drink.
- It's quick and easy! Just pop everything in the blender, and within moments you'll have a thick and ready to drink beverage. You can be back on your couch before the commercial break ends.
Oreos- Chocolate Oreo cookies are ideal, but you can use any flavor variety and still have a delicious drink.
Banana- Make sure to freeze a banana before use, as this will help to thicken the drink and keep it cold longer. Fresh bananas can be used, but frozen ones work best.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Milk. If you want, you can use nondairy milk, low fat milk, or even half and half instead.
Ice cream. If you don't have vanilla ice cream you can use dairy free ice cream (like coconut based ice cream) or even vanilla frozen yogurt. I often use vanilla frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.
Oreo variations. There are countless different flavor variations of Oreo cookies and you can use any of them! (The green mint ones would be great for St. Patricks Day).
Step 1: Chop your frozen banana and add it to your blender.
Step 2: Toss in the Oreo cookies. You'll want the cookies and filling for this.
Step 3: Scoop and add the vanilla ice cream to your blender. Add in the ½ cup of milk.
Step 4: Add the lid and turn the blender on High until smooth. If needed, add in a little more milk to thin down the consistency. Remember to scrape down the sides of the blender.
Step 5: Pour your milkshake into drinking glasses.
Step 6: If desired, add a cookie, banana slice, or whipped cream on top for a garnish.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can adjust the consistency of this milkshake to your own liking by adding in more ice (if you want it thicker) or more milk (if you want it thinner).
If you really want to enhance the chocolate flavor, you can use chocolate milk instead of regular milk. This makes the milkshake feel a lot richer in taste, but it's honestly great either way. Even using chocolate ice cream can help give you a richer taste.
You can double or triple this milkshake recipe as needed (assuming you can fit that much in your blender). This recipe only makes enough for one tall glass (about 16 ounces), so if you're looking to make enough for a family, doubling or tripling will cut down on a lot of time by just blending it all together.
To make an oreo milkshake, all you have to do is add milk, ice cream, and oreo cookies (in that order) to a blender before pulsing until the consistency you want.
You can use any milk that you may have on hand, from whole milk to low-fat milk or even dairy-free options too.
The ratio of ice cream to milk is what determines the consistency of the drink. Add your milk slowly until it's as thick or as thin as you want it to be.
❤️ More Delicious Milkshake Recipes
If you tried this banana oreo milkshake, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Banana Oreo Milkshake
- 1 Frozen banana ($0.25)
- 8 Oreo cookies ($0.87)
- 2 cups Vanilla ice cream ($0.58)
- ½-¾ cup Milk ($0.16)
- Chop your frozen banana and add it to your blender.
- Toss in the Oreo cookies. You'll want the cookies and filling for this.
- Scoop and add the vanilla ice cream to your blender. Add in the ½ cup of milk.
- Add the lid and turn the blender on High until smooth. If needed, add in a little more milk to thin down the consistency. Remember to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Pour your milkshake into drinking glasses.
- If desired, add a cookie, banana slice, or whipped cream on top for a garnish.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.