Carrot cake and banana bread are two fabulous treats that are always crowd pleasing but put them together and it's practically show stopping. This carrot cake banana bread recipe is so good you won't want to share.
This carrot cake banana bread recipe is made from scratch, but don't let that fool you because this one bowl recipe is so easy to make you won't mind.
Measuring, whisk, stir and pour is all you have to do. Sounds easy right? Of course, it is! Just the way I like my banana recipes.
This carrot cake banana bread stays moist for DAYS (and I legit mean days) I have been snacking off of it for about 3 and still feel like it's as good as the first day I made it. Yum. The hardest part is pacing myself.
For added "carrot-cake-ness" You can do as I did and warm up a small amount of storebought cream cheese frosting (or homemade) and then drizzle it over the top making this banana and carrot bread so good it has to be labeled as a dessert.
- Ripe bananas
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Grated carrots
- Canned cream cheese frosting
- Chopped pecans
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Bread loaf pan
🍴 Recipe Tips
Making this banana carrot bread recipe is super simple and easy (have I made that clear enough yet?)
You can omit the pecans, or use walnuts.
You can add in ¼-1/2 cup of raisins if desired as well.
Using canola or vegetable oil is the way I like to go but you could also use softened/melted butter or coconut oil depending on your preference.
You can turn this banana bread with carrots recipe into banana carrot cake muffins by dividing the batter between prepared muffin cups and baking for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Absolutely! Just let the bread cool completely so that it's no longer warm and then wrap well in plastic wrap before storing in an airtight container for freezer storage of up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
Check out how to make carrot cake banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
- Stir in the oil or melted butter (your choice as to which one to use).
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add in the vanilla, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, carrot, pecans, and sugars until smooth.
- Stir in the flour until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- If desired warm up a small amount of cream cheese frosting and drizzle it over the cake bread. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Let sit, and then slice and serve.
More great banana recipes to try
- Chocolate Orange Banana Bread
- Pistachio Banana Bread
- Fruity Pebbles Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Stovetop Banana Bread
Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe) ($0 .75)
- ⅓ cup oil (can use melted butter) ($0.16)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon salt ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ($0.02)
- 1 large egg ($0.08)
- ½ cup sugar ($0.11)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour ($0.12)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ($0.10)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg ($0.02)
- ½ cup brown sugar ($0.18)
- ¼ cup grated carrots ($0.14)
- ¼ cup pecans ($0.41)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting, warm ($1.00)
- pecans ($0.25)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- Stir in oil or melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, grated carrots, chopped pecans, egg, and sugars until well mixed.
- Stir in flour until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle some warmed cream cheese frosting over the top and then sprinkle pecans. Let set before slicing.