Carrot cake and banana bread are two fabulous treats that are always crowd-pleasing, but put them together, and it's practically show stopping. This carrot cake banana bread recipe is so good you won't want to share.
This carrot cake banana bread recipe is made from scratch, but don't let that fool you because this one bowl recipe is so easy to make you won't mind.
Measuring, whisk, stir and pour is all you have to do. Sounds easy right? Of course, it is! Just the way I like my banana recipes.
This carrot cake banana bread stays moist for DAYS (and I legit mean days) I have been snacking off of it for about 3 and still feel like it's as good as the first day I made it. Yum. The hardest part is pacing myself.
For added "carrot-cake-ness" You can do as I did and warm up a small amount of storebought cream cheese frosting (or homemade) and then drizzle it over the top making this banana and carrot bread so good it has to be labeled as a dessert.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simplicity at its finest. Starting with a one bowl banana bread recipe as the base, we add to it to create a wonderful banana bread that tastes like carrot cake.
- It's great for holidays. Carrot cake and Easter usually pair well together so don't be afraid to present this tasty bread to all your Easter guests. It's sure to impress!
- It's always popular. Banana bread doesn't need a time of the year to make an entrance at your house. It's evergreen and always well-received.
For the Bread, you will need:
Ripe bananas- You will need some ripe spotted bananas to make this banana bread well flavored and sweeter.
Vegetable oil- Adding in vegetable oil will give the bread the necessary fats needed to stay moist.
Baking soda- Use baking soda as a leaving agent to help the bread puff up nicely as it bakes.
Salt- This is a natural flavor enhancer and will make the bread taste delicious!
Vanilla extract- You will need some vanilla extract to help with the flavor enhancement.
Egg- Use an egg to help bind the bread together so it doesn't turn out too crumbly.
Sugars- You will need a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar to make this bread sweet and to give it a nice depth of flavor.
All-purpose flour- This is the structural base of the recipe.
Spices- To make this bread taste warm and inviting, make sure to use both ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
Carrots- Shredded carrots throughout the loaf will make it taste more like a carrot cake and give it some fun color throughout the loaf.
Pecans- Add some chopped pecans to the bread (if desired) for a subtle crunch.
Optional Suggested Toppings idea:
- Canned cream cheese frosting
- Chopped pecans
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make carrot cake banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan. Set it aside.
Peel your ripe bananas and place them into a large mixing bowl.
Mash with a fork until no large chunks remain.
Add in the vegetable oil, salt, and baking soda.
Stir until well mixed.
Add in the vanilla, egg and sugars.
Stir together until smooth.
Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, carrot, and pecans.
Stir together to combine.
Add in the flour.
Stir together just until no white flour streaks remain. Do not overmix.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
If desired, warm up a small amount of cream cheese frosting and drizzle it over the cake bread. Sprinkle pecans on top.
Let sit, and then slice and serve.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Making this banana carrot bread recipe is super simple and easy (have I made that clear enough yet?)
You can omit the pecans, or use walnuts.
You can add in ¼-1/2 cup of raisins if desired as well.
Using canola or vegetable oil is the way I like to go but you could also use softened/melted butter or coconut oil depending on your preference.
You can turn this banana bread with carrots recipe into banana carrot cake muffins by dividing the batter between prepared muffin cups and baking for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Absolutely! Just let the bread cool completely so that it's no longer warm and then wrap well in plastic wrap before storing in an airtight container for freezer storage of up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
More great banana recipes to try
- Chocolate Orange Banana Bread
- Pistachio Banana Bread
- Fruity Pebbles Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups Mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe) ($0 .75)
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil ($0.16)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla ($0.02)
- 1 large Egg ($0.08)
- ½ cup Granulated sugar ($0.11)
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour ($0.12)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon ($0.10)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg ($0.02)
- ½ cup Brown sugar ($0.18)
- ¼ cup Grated Carrots ($0.14)
- ¼ cup Pecans ($0.41)
- 1 can Cream cheese frosting, warm ($1.00)
- Pecans ($0.25)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan. Set it aside.
- Peel your ripe bananas and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash with a fork until no large chunks remain.
- Add in the vegetable oil, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add in the vanilla, egg and sugars.
- Stir together until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, carrot, and pecans.
- Stir together to combine.
- Add in the flour.
- Stir together just until no white flour streaks remain. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- If desired, warm up a small amount of cream cheese frosting and drizzle it over the cake bread. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Let sit, and then slice and serve.