If you grew up eating sliced bananas on your bowls of cereal then you're going to love this simple colorful banana bread and Fruity Pebbles recipe!
This is a moist banana bread packed with a tropical flavor that requires no additional effort to achieve and then topped with a glaze and colorful cereal pieces.
Every bite of this banana bread with cereal is packed with fun flavors, colors, and sweetness. If you love bananas and cereal then this fruity pebbles recipe should be right up your alley.
Even better is that you can use up the leftover cereal at the bottom of the bag that no one wants to touch (it happens at your house too, right?) Once baked, the cereal doesn't feel stale but instead gets a brand new take on life and a new chance to be reborn as something delicious- a fruity glazed banana bread.
- Ripe bananas
- Baking soda
- Fruity Pebbles cereal
For the glaze, you will need:
- Powdered sugar
- Fruity Pebbles
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Bread pan
🍴 Recipe Tips
When making this easy banana bread recipe you could (if desired) add up to 1 additional cup of Fruity Pebbles into the banana bread. Adding in one cup more would change the flavor for a stronger Fruity Pebbles taste and add even more color to every slice.
You can choose to do this or not, personally, I feel that 1 cup is perfect but with this recipe being pretty versatile there's no reason not to try it in different ways and see what tastes best to your own tastebuds. You're sure to love banana bread with fruity pebbles either way.
If you keep the cereal banana bread well covered or in an airtight container at room temperature, you can expect it to last about 3-5 days and still taste great. Do note that the cereal on top may become a bit stale as the bread ages.
Yes, you can freeze this bread but if you do it then I recommend not adding the glaze and Fruity Pebbles on top until after the bread has thawed. This will keep it tasting great without any glaze-thawing issues.
Check out how to make Fruity Pebbles banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 bread pan. Set it aside.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl and stir in the oil.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add in the vanilla, egg, and sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in the flour until no streaks remain.
- Fold in the Fruity Pebbles.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Top with glaze and additional Fruity Pebbles before slicing and serving.
More great banana recipes to try
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Stovetop Banana Bread
- Banana Pound Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Mango Banana Bread
- Red Velvet Banana Bread
Fruity Pebbles Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe) ($0.75)
- ⅓ cup oil (can use melted butter) ($0.18)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon salt ($0.02)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla ($0.04)
- 1 large egg ($0.08)
- ½ cup sugar (can add up to ½ cup more for sweeter) ($0.11)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour ($0.12)
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal ($1.00)
- 1 cup powdered sugar ($0.23)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla ($0.01)
- 1.5 tablespoon milk ($0.01)
- 2 tablespoon Fruity Pebbles for decoration *optional ($0.01)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- Stir in oil or melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the vanilla, egg, and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in flour until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in Fruity Pebbles.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, make the glaze by combining powdered sugar, vanilla and milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over the bread and sprinkle additional Fruity Pebbles on top.