With this super simple and easy carrot muffin recipe you can enjoy tasty and moist muffins for brunch (or a snack) with minimal effort and dirty dishes!
Carrot Muffin Recipe
Making muffins with boxed cake mix is a fun and easy way to cut down on effort, dirty dishes, time, and still get perfect results every time.
With these simple fresh carrot muffins, you can enjoy a delicious brunch or snack whenever you want. Perfect for Spring, Easter, or even Fall- there's never a wrong time for delicious muffins!
With the boxed spice mix, we get a flavorful muffin that's light and fluffy too. Add in raisins of chopped walnuts (if desired) for an even tastier bite!
Moist carrot muffin ingredients
- Box of Spiced Cake Mix
- Grated Carrots
- Vegetable Oil
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making cake mix muffins
With these muffins, you'll notice this recipe isn't too far off from what the boxed cake mix directs you to do. The ingredients are similar and the baking time is the same.
That's because muffins and cupcakes are naturally very similar. The most noticeable difference would be adding frosting to turn them into cupcakes.
Using milk instead of water also helps by giving us moisture for the batter and a richer taste than plain water. You can use dairy free milk alternatives and receive the same tasty results.
FAQ's about carrot muffins
You can freeze muffins in airtight containers for up to 3 months. Simply place a muffin on the counter for about 30 minutes to thaw before eating.
These carrot muffins can last about 3 if kept stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
How to make carrot muffin recipe
Wash, peel, and grate your large carrots, set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tray with muffin paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine the cake dry mix, milk, eggs, oil, and grated carrots in a large mixing bowl until no dry clumps remain.
Spoon the batter into muffin tray cups, filling them about ⅔rds of the way full.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Let them cool completely on a wire rack and keep them stored in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
More great recipes to try
- Instant Pot Steamed Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Steamed Brussel Sprouts
- 4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Honey Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Simple Pear Muffins
The Easiest Carrot Muffins
- 1 box Spiced Cake Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ cup Oil
- 2 cups Grated Carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Wash and peel your large carrots and grate them into shredded pieces, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tray with liners or grease it well with cooking spray. Set tray aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix (dry mix only) with the milk, eggs, oil, and grated carrots. Whisk together until well incorporated and no dry spots of cake mix remain.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tray until the muffin cups are about ⅔rds of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack and keep stored in an airtight container.