Bananas and strawberries are two flavors that always go great together. This banana bread with strawberries is no different. With soft banana bread and fresh strawberry chunks, it's delicious!
I love how simple this strawberry banana bread is. This easy strawberry banana bread is a one bowl recipe that makes a rather large loaf. It's perfect for celebrating fresh springtime strawberries and the delicious taste of banana bread in every slice.
Why This Recipe Works
- Minimal effort is needed. What's even better is that it doesn't require any additional work from making a regular one bowl banana bread recipe. It's not really labor intensive, and the effort we put into this strawberry and banana bread is truly worth it in the end.
- Simple ingredients. Made with just a few simple ingredients and without dirtying every dish in the house, it's as easy to make as you can imagine.
- Great for using up ripe bananas! Do you have some ripe bananas on the counter looking like they need to get tossed or used soon? Here's a great recipe to give them a new chance at life as something delicious.
Vegetable Oil- You will need some vegetable oil or canola oil to give the bread the necessary fats so it isn't too dry.
Sugar- Use granulated sugar for added sweetness and to help give us a more tender crumb.
Eggs- These are binding agents to keep the bread from being too crumbly.
Bananas- Use some ripe yellow bananas. The ones with spots or that are close to being completely black are best because they're sweeter and more flavorful.
Strawberries- Use some fresh washed strawberries for added color and flavor.
Salt- A natural flavor enhancer.
Vanilla Extract- A flavor enhancer.
Leavening agents- To help this bread rise properly, you'll need baking soda and baking powder.
Flour- The gluten structure and base of this recipe is all purpose four.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make banana bread with strawberries with these simple step-by-step instructions:
In a bowl, mash your bananas.
Add in the eggs and the oil, whisk to combine.
Add in the sugar, vanilla, salt, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
Fold in the strawberries.
Pour the batter into a prepared 9x5 bread pan.
Bake at 350F degrees for 65-75 minutes. Checking about midway to determine if you want to tent with foil and slow the browning.
Let cool 5 minutes in the pan and then flip onto a wire rack to completely cool.
Slice and serve.
🍴 Recipe Tips
If you want a stronger strawberry flavor infused throughout the bread add the strawberries to the bowl of bananas when you mash them. Use a potato masher to squash them up as small as you can. Chunks will remain, but the strawberry juice will get distributed throughout the batter.
This banana strawberry bread also browns fairly quickly in the oven. Check on it about midway through the baking process and if you want to slow down the browning process, tent the top of the bread pan with a piece of aluminum foil. The bread will continue to cook without getting too dark on top.
Yes! This bread recipe doesn't require any dairy products to help make it. This means that it is 100% dairy free!
If your bananas need a little speeding up, you can stick them on a baking sheet in the oven for 15-30 minutes at 300F degrees until black. Keep an eye on them though as they can overripen and leak. You want the peels black and shiny.
Other Awesome Quick Bread Recipes To Try
Banana Bread with Strawberries
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil ($0.24)
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar ($0.17)
- 2 large Eggs ($0.16)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe) ($0.75)
- 1 cup Strawberries, chopped ($0.99)
- ½ teaspoon Salt ($0.05)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda ($0.01)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder ($0.02)
- 2 cup All purpose flour ($0.16)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and grease a 9x5 bread pan.
- Mash your bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs and oil.
- Add in the sugar, vanilla, salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the strawberry chunks and pour the batter into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, covering the top with foil about midway through if it's getting too brown.