Cake mix banana bread, sounds crazy right? It's fluffy, sweet, and subtle in flavor and I'm honestly unsure of whether or not it's a dessert or snack.
Making traditional banana bread from scratch is easy, but often requires multiple ingredients and steps. This one is 3 ingredients and 3 steps, can't get much easier than that, right?
It's a sweet snack or treat that everyone will enjoy.
If you're looking for a lighter textured banana bread that is easy to make and tastes great this banana bread with cake mix recipe is it. Add some frosting, glaze, or eat it as it- you can't go wrong!
- Yellow cake mix
- Large eggs
- Ripe bananas
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make cake mix banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl combine all of your ingredients.
Pour the batter into greased bread pans and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Use two 8x4 bread loaf pans if you're looking for bread loaves. This will give you two nice loaves, but they won't be as tall as traditional banana bread. Just make sure to grease the pan well so that it doesn't stick!
Feel free to add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, chocolate chips, etc. into the batter to make this recipe more fun and delicious.
Absolutely! Just thaw them before mixing them into the batter and use as directed! You may want to use an electric mixer to help break up any banana chunk. Once thawed, frozen bananas will get extra juices in the freezer bags, toss that in with the solid bananas.
Yes, you can! In fact, a chocolate cake mix banana bread would be incredible! (Just an idea!) Gluten free box mix may work as well (try it and let me know).
Yes, you can! After your loaf has cooled completely, wrap it well and keep it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you use a dairy free box cake mix, it can be! Some brands (like Duncan Hines, offer dairy free cake mixes. Just check the ingredient label on the back of the box to be sure!
Other delicious banana bread recipes to check out soon
- Banana bread with sour cream
- Cinnamon Crumble Banana Bread
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- One Bowl Banana Bread
- Fruity Pebbles Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Cake Mix Banana Bread
- 1 box Yellow cake mix ($1.34)
- 1 ½ cup Ripe bananas (about 2-3) ($0.75)
- 2 Large eggs ($0.16)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 8x4 bread loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the batter into greased bread pans and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Use two 8x4 bread loaf pans if you're looking for bread loaves. This will give you two nice loaves, but they won't be as tall as traditional banana bread. Just make sure to grease the pan well so that it doesn't stick!
- Feel free to add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, chocolate chips, etc. into the batter to make this recipe more fun and delicious.
- You can use (thawed) frozen bananas or fresh ripe bananas for this recipe, both have been tested and turn out well.
- You can use any flavor of boxed cake mix for this recipe including red velvet cake, chocolate, spice cake, etc.
- If you use a dairy free box of cake mix (like Duncan Heins), this recipe will be dairy free. This recipe has not been tested with gluten free boxed cake mixes.
Different Baking Pans
- 9x5 bread loaf pans bake for 40-50 minutes. Other sized loaf pans and those made of different materials will bake differently so keep an eye on them as they get towards the latter part of the baking.
- Standard muffins bake for about 15-18 minutes and mini muffins are done around 12 minutes.
- This banana bread keeps well for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If desired, you can wrap a loaf well and keep it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.