Cake mix banana bread, sounds crazy right? It's fluffy, sweet, and subtle in flavor and I'm honestly unsure of whether or not it's a dessert or snack.
Making banana bread with cake mix is a simple and mouthwatering way to enjoy the delightful combination of ripe bananas and cake mix. This recipe offers a shortcut to moist and flavorful banana bread.
The star ingredient in this banana bread is the cake mix, which adds both sweetness and flavor without the need for extra sugar or spices. All you need to do is combine the cake mix with ripe bananas and eggs.
The result is banana bread with a cake-like texture that's incredibly soft and scrumptious. It's the ideal treat for breakfast, brunch, or an afternoon snack.
This cake mix banana bread is perfect for novice bakers or anyone looking for a quick and easy dessert option. It's a delightful way to use up overripe bananas and create a sweet treat that the whole family can enjoy.
Whether you're a seasoned baker or a beginner, this simple recipe delivers a delicious and satisfying result every time. For more banana bread recipes, check out my Oreo Banana Bread, Eggless Banana Bread, Pumpkin Banana Bread, and Red Velvet Banana Bread.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's super simple to make! Making traditional banana bread from scratch is easy, but often requires multiple ingredients and steps. This one is 3 ingredients and 3 steps, can't get much easier than that, right?
- It's cheap! A box of cake mix is around $1 and a ripe banana is already on the counter because you're looking for ways to use it up. This recipe is so affordable it's perfect!
- Minimal effort. You won't need to do a lot of measuring or mixing and you'll still end up with a delicious fluffy banana bread in about an hour.
Boxed cake mix- Use a box of cake mix (any flavor). I prefer to use yellow cake mix as it will make the banana flavor more prominent.
Ripe bananas- Use ripe bananas to make this dish more moist and flavorful. You'll want to use yellow bananas with brown spots or bananas that are already blackened, as they're the best for baking!
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (2) 8x4 bread loaf pans.
Step 2: Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Whisk together to combine.
Step 4: Pour the batter into greased bread pans.
Step 5: Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Use two 8x4 bread loaf pans if you're looking for bread loaves. This will give you two nice loaves, but they won't be as tall as traditional banana bread. Just make sure to grease the pan well so that it doesn't stick!
Feel free to add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, chocolate chips, etc. into the batter to make this recipe more fun and delicious.
You can use a different flavor of boxed cake mix! In fact, a chocolate cake mix banana bread would be incredible! (Just an idea!) Gluten free box mix may work as well (try it and let me know).
Absolutely! Just thaw them before mixing them into the batter and use as directed! You may want to use an electric mixer to help break up any banana chunks. Once thawed, frozen bananas will get extra juices in the freezer bags, toss that in with the solid bananas.
Yes, you can! After your loaf has cooled completely, wrap it well and keep it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you use a dairy free box cake mix, it can be! Some brands (like Duncan Hines, offer dairy free cake mixes. Just check the ingredient label on the back of the box to be sure!
❤️ More Delicious Banana Recipes
If you tried this Cake Mix Banana Bread, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Cake Mix Banana Bread
- 1 box (15.25oz) Yellow cake mix ($1.34)
- 1 ½ cup Ripe bananas (about 2-3) ($0.75)
- 2 large Eggs ($0.16)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 8x4 bread loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the batter into greased bread pans and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.