Take a tropical spin on a traditional recipe with this Mango banana bread recipe. It's so moist, flavorful, and delicious!
Mango banana bread is a fun twist on the classic banana bread recipe. With sweet and tangy bites of fresh mango in every slice, this banana and mango bread is a perfect snack.
Add a little coconut to the top before baking to really get that tropical feeling (or stir it into the batter).
With this spiced banana bread and fresh mangos working together to create a perfect loaf your only issue will be that you didn't make more.
- Ripe bananas
- Oil (canola or vegetable)
- Sugars- both granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Baking powder and Baking soda
- Spices- ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves
- Fresh Mango
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Bread pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
🍴 Recipe Tips
For this Hawaiian banana bread, you'll want to make sure that the mango you use is nice and ripe, if it's too underripe, it may not cook thoroughly in the batter and could be a bit harder to chew instead of being a softer piece of fruit (like we want it to be.)
The mango should be peeled and diced into pieces smaller than 1 cubic inch. This will keep them from getting too big to cook and will allow them to be more bite-sized. The key to this banana mango bread recipe is good mangos.
If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, your banana bread could last about 3-5 days.
Yes! Just let the loaf cool completely before wrapping well in plastic wrap and then storing it in an airtight container or Ziploc freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw and eat as usual.
Check out how to make mango banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large bread loaf pan, set aside.
- Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl and add in the eggs.
- Add in the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract, stirring until well mixed.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk until well incorporated.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the mango chunks.
- Pour your batter into the prepared bread loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
More great recipes to try
- Instant Pot Kraft Mac and Cheese
- Red Velvet Banana Bread
- Grilled Fluffernutters
- Easy Spiced Pear Cobbler
- Fruity Pebbles Treats
- Mini Loaves Zucchini Bread
Mango Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas ($0.75)
- 2 large eggs ($0.16)
- ½ cup oil ($0.24)
- ½ cup white sugar ($0.11)
- ½ cup brown sugar ($0.19)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla ($0.04)
- 2 cups flour ($0.16)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda ($0.01)
- ½ teaspoon salt ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger ($0.05)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ($0.10)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves ($0.01)
- 1 med. mango, peeled and diced small ($0.98)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large bread loaf pan. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas and add in the eggs.
- Add in the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk until well blended.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the mango.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.