Take a tropical spin on a traditional recipe with this Mango banana bread recipe. It's so moist, flavorful, and delicious!
Mango banana bread is a fun twist on the classic banana bread recipe. With sweet and tangy bites of fresh mango in every slice, this banana and mango bread is a perfect snack. Add a little coconut to the top before baking to really get that tropical feeling (or stir it into the batter).
With this spiced banana bread and fresh mangos working together to create a perfect loaf, your only issue will be that you didn't make more.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's easy to make. Made with basic pantry staples like flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and sugar, this bread recipe is pretty convenient for using up the ripe bananas on your counter.
- Quick assembly. We make the batter for this banana bread pretty quickly and easily. Add something to the bowl, mix, add something else, mix again, etc. The bake time is around one hour, but the assembly only takes a few short minutes.
- It's a great change of pace. While we love banana bread, adding new ingredients to the mix always gives us a fresh perspective. Mangos, bananas, and spices are a great way to enjoy your favorite snack in a new way.
Ripe bananas- You will need some ripe and ready to use bananas. This means that they are yellow with brown spots or are so ripe that they're black in color. The darker the color, the better the flavor and natural sweetness will be.
Eggs- Use eggs to help bind the bread together so that it isn't too crumbly when sliced.
Oil- You will want to use some canola or vegetable oil to help the bread stay moist.
Sugars- You will need both granualted sugar as well as brown sugar to help this bread turn out sweet and tender with a nice depth of flavor.
Vanilla- This is a flavor enhancer.
Flour- The gluten structure and base of this recipe is all purpose flour.
Leavening agents- To help the bread puff up and rise properly as it bakes, you will need both Baking powder and Baking soda.
Salt- A natural flavor enhancer.
Spices- You will need a combination of ground ginger, cinnamon, and ground cloves for a warm spice in every slice.
Fresh Mango- You will need some fresh and ripe mangos for this recipe.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make mango banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large bread loaf pan, set aside.
Add your ripe bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash until no large chunks remain.
Add in the eggs.
Mix well to combine.
Add in the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract.
Stir until well mixed.
In another bowl, add the dry ingredients.
Whisk together until well incorporated.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet banana mixture.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix thoroughly.
Add in the mango chunks.
Fold together to combine.
Pour your batter into the prepared bread loaf pan.
Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
🍴 Recipe Tips
For this Hawaiian banana bread, you'll want to make sure that the mango you use is nice and ripe, if it's too underripe, it may not cook thoroughly in the batter and could be a bit harder to chew instead of being a softer piece of fruit (like we want it to be.)
The mango should be peeled and diced into pieces smaller than 1 cubic inch. This will keep them from getting too big to cook and will allow them to be more bite-sized. The key to this banana mango bread recipe is good mangos.
If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, your banana bread could last about 3-5 days.
Yes! Just let the loaf cool completely before wrapping well in plastic wrap and then storing it in an airtight container or Ziploc freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw and eat as usual.
More great banana bread recipes to try
Mango Banana Bread
- 3 ripe Bananas ($0.75)
- 2 large Eggs ($0.16)
- ½ cup Vegetable oil ($0.24)
- ½ cup Granulated sugar ($0.11)
- ½ cup Brown sugar ($0.19)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract ($0.04)
- 2 cups All purpose flour ($0.16)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda ($0.01)
- ½ teaspoon Salt ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon Ground ginger ($0.05)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon ($0.10)
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cloves ($0.01)
- 1 medium Mango, peeled and diced small ($0.98)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large bread loaf pan. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas and add in the eggs.
- Add in the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk until well blended.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the mango.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.