This tasty one bowl banana bread is the only banana bread recipe you'll ever need. All the convenience and easy steps come together to create a fluffy moist banana bread packed with yummy flavor.
We love banana bread recipes around here, (which is why we have dozens of them). But the best ones are always the ones that are simple like this easy one bowl banana bread.
The end results are also quite enjoyable. A moist and fluffy banana bread packed with flavor within a sweet crust exterior is what makes this traditional banana bread a keeper.
This one bowl banana bread recipe is all you'll ever need. Unless you need another, in which case I suggest this Super Moist Banana Bread with Sour Cream.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simplicity at its finest. Made with just a few simple ingredients and without dirtying every dish in the house, it's as easy to make as you can imagine.
- Quick prep. It's so fast to throw together that the batter can be ready in the same time it takes for the oven to preheat.
- It's always popular. Banana bread doesn't need a time of the year to make an entrance at your house. It's evergreen and always well-received.
Ripe bananas- You will want to use ripe bananas, meaning deep yellow with brown spots or even black. The darker they are, the sweeter they will naturally be (and the easier they will be to mash).
Vegetable oil- Use canola oil or vegetable oil to give this bread some fats needed for it to remain moist.
Baking soda- This will help the bread to puff up and rise as it is baked.
Salt- A natural flavor enhancer.
Cinnamon- For added warmth and spice.
Vanilla- Another flavor enhancer.
Eggs- You will need eggs for added richness and binding. Eggs will keep the bread from crumbling apart when sliced.
Sugars- For the best flavor possible, you'll want to use a combination of granulated white sugar and brown sugar.
All-purpose flour- This is what makes the gluten structure for the bread.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make one bowl banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 loaf pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas.
Stir in oil or melted butter.
Mix in the baking soda and salt.
Mix in the vanilla, eggs, and sugars until smooth.
Stir in flour until no flour streaks remain.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring it to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Want One Bowl Banana Muffins? Scoop into muffin pan filling each one about ⅔rd of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
While it does contain fruit, some essential oils, and other good benefits, it does come at a cost. Banana bread can be pretty high in sugar content. This makes banana bread a "moderate" healthy item, meaning it fits into the healthy and unhealthy categories. What's most important is proper portion control.
Yes, after the bread has cooled completely, you can wrap it well in plastic wrap before placing it into an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw and eat or warm up a few slices before serving if desired.
This banana bread recipe does not need to be kept in the fridge. It's perfectly fine at room temperature for up to 4 or 5 days if kept stored in an airtight container.
More great banana bread recipes to try
One Bowl Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups Mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe) ($0.75)
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil (or melted butter) ($0.16)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon ($0.10)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.02)
- 2 large Eggs ($0.16)
- ½ cup Granulated sugar ($0.11)
- ¼ cup Brown sugar ($0.09)
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour ($0.12)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- Stir in oil or melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the vanilla, eggs, and sugars until smooth.
- Stir in flour until no flour streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transfering to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.