With fresh strawberries in every bite, you know this rustic strawberry galette is going to taste incredible. It’s the perfect recipe for sharing with the family. Every bite is bursting with flavor. Serve it up with whipped cream, ice cream, or as-is for a perfect summer treat!
Easy strawberry galette
We love fresh strawberries around here and now that it’s spring, they’ve become so much cheaper, meaning more strawberry recipes in this house. We’re excited for trying new recipes and old favorites but one recipe we just HAD to try was a strawberry galette.
This galette is sweet, savory, and perfect for spring/summer! With every bite, you get that fresh strawberry flavor, a buttery crust, and a combination of soft berries with a crisp crust. It’s truly a perfect dessert or brunch item and takes very little effort to make.
Strawberry galette ingredients
- Fresh strawberries
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Black ground pepper
- Prepared pie crust
- Turbinado sugar *optional
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making strawberry galette recipe
Making a galette is super easy and a great way to make a “pie” without the actual effort of making a pie. We lay the crust out flat, fill it up, fold the edges and bake. There’s nothing difficult about it and it’s perfect for taking the easy route while giving great looking results.
I highly recommend making your galette on a piece of parchment paper as you can transfer it to the baking sheet easily and lift it off after it’s finished baking. Without the parchment paper, you may notice some crust sticking to the baking sheet as you go to slice it and that, unfortunately, causes the crust to break.
Giving your galette adequate time to cool after baking will also help the filling to thicken. About 10-20 minutes is perfect for thickening the filling, but I like it closer to that 10 minute mark because I’m impatient and want it warm with my cold ice cream.
FAQ’s about this galette recipe
Fun fact, black pepper helps to cut down on the acidity of berries so you can expect sweeter results without the fear of biting into a sour strawberry. You can omit the pepper if desired but I really think it works perfectly in here as it’s unnoticeable in flavor, but helps to bring everything together and enhance the flavors nicely.
Turbinado sugar is also known as “sugar in the raw” it’s a more coarse sugar and golden brown in color. When added to baked goods it adds sweetness and crunch because it doesn’t dissolve as quickly as a finer grain would.
How to make rustic strawberry galette
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix together the strawberries, granulated sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, lemon juice, and black pepper in a mixing bowl until combined.
Lay a pie crust on top of a piece of parchment paper.
Place the strawberry filling into the center of the pie crust.
Prepare egg wash and brush it over the edges of the pie crust.
Fold up the edges, crimping as you go to form a pocket that holds the filling in.
Brush the crust with more egg wash and then sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
More great strawberry recipes to try
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers
- Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Strawberry Pink Lemonade
- 3 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black ground pepper
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg beaten + 1 tsp water for eggwash
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar *optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix strawberries with granulated sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, lemon juice, and black pepper until well mixed.
- Lay pie crust out flat on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the strawberry filling mixture into the center of the pie crust.
- Brush the edges of the pie crust with egg wash.
- Fold up the edges and crimp as you go so that it creates a nice pocket to hold the filling in.
- Transfer the parchment paper and galette to the baking sheet.
- Brush the outer edges of pie crust with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.