Fresh strawberries are abundant in this delicious pie recipe. Made with gelatin, a prepared crust, and fresh cut strawberries, this pie is easy to make and so much fun to enjoy.
I've been holding on to this homemade strawberry pie recipe for quite some time now waiting for strawberries to come back in season before sharing. While I've made this recipe a few times now, I'm still certain it's the best strawberry pie recipe I've ever tried or eaten.
The pie filling uses unflavored gelatin, which keeps this pie tasting like REAL strawberries and not the fake strawberry flavor you get from the strawberry jello mix as you see used in other pies. For those of us who enjoy real fruit, it's a nice change of pace.
The flavors in this strawberry gelatin pie are sweet and refreshing. The bites of strawberries are juicy, sweet and a little tangy, making you feel like you're eating berries straight from the container rather than in a pie, but then the buttery crust helps to remind you that you're enjoying a dessert instead.
- Prepared pie crust
- Fresh strawberries
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Unflavored clear gelatin
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Medium-sized pot
- Pie plate
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Check out how to make fresh strawberry pie with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Clean, trim, and hull out your fresh strawberries.
Place larger berries aside in a large bowl.
Take 1 ½ cups of the smaller berries and chop them up into even smaller pieces. Place in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add in the sugar, lemon juice, butter, and vanilla.
Stir the mixture and heat until the sugar is dissolved and the berries are mashed into a puree.
Sprinkle the gelatin over the berries in the pot and whisk to combine. Continue stirring until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat to cool. Continue whisking to avoid the mixture solidifying. Once cooled enough, pour over the berries in the bowl, tossing gently to coat.
Pour some of the liquid into the bottom of the pie crust, and arrange berries on top, trying to get as many sliced strawberries as you can into the pie. Pour some remaining liquid over the top until the pie looks well-filled.
Place pie in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
Serve with whipped cream on top and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
The filling for this easy strawberry pie recipe is not baked, but the crust is. Make sure that the crust is fully cooked before adding the filling as it won't get any further done as time goes by.
The filling for this strawberry pie actually makes enough to fill a deep dish pie crust, but you can omit some of the jello liquid mixture if the pie crust gets too full.
I recommend filling the crust while it's on a baking sheet so it's easier to transport to the fridge for chilling.
You can use 1-3 containers of strawberries (the standard 16-ounce sized ones). The amount of berries you use will determine how thick your pie is. One package of berries will make the pie thin like a tart but 2 or 3 containers will really add thickness to every slice.
This pie can last up to a week if stored in the fridge in an airtight container or well wrapped in plastic wrap.
You will want to remove the green tops and hull the berries out at the very least, but if desired you can leave the berries in their natural cone shapes and have them pointed upwards in the pie crust. I prefer sliced berries though as it gives you more berry to pie ratio.
Other strawberry recipes to try soon
- Pink Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Rustic Strawberry Galette
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers
- Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry Mason Jar Ice Cream
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Medium-sized pot
- 1 (9-inch) Pie crust ($3.12)
- 2-4 pounds Fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced ($2.24)
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar ($0.17)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter ($0.08)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice ($0.08)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.02)
- 3 Tablespoons Unflavored gelatin ($0.78)
- ½ cup Water ($0.00)
How to bake storebought pie crust
- Roll your crust out and fit it into a 9 inch pie plate if you didn't buy a frozen crust with the pan attached.
- Poke the pie with fork tongs over and over again to create a lot of holes along the sides and bottoms. This will help to prevent the pie crust from bubbling up as it bakes.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden in color.
- Let cool as you assemble the pie filling and then use as directed.
How to make the no bake strawberry pie filling
- Wash, hull and slice all strawberries. Place larger sliced berries in a large bowl and set aside.
- Take 1 ½ cups of the smallest berries and chop them up even smaller and place in a saucepan over med heat.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, butter, vanilla.
- Stir and heat until dissolved and berries are mashed into a puree.
- Sprinkle your gelatin over the liquid and whisk it in until dissolved and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk as it cools to prevent it from solidifying. Once cooled enough, pour over berries in bowl. Toss gently to coat.
- Pour some liquid into the bottom of a crust, and arrange the berries so that you can get as many as possible to fit in the crust too. Pour the remaining filling in the bowl on top until pie crust is well filled.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours before slicing and serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy.
Leave a Reply