This vanilla iced latte is a simple yet delicious drink perfect for any hot summer afternoon. Packed with caffeine, cold ice, and your favorite coffee, this drink is always a welcome treat.
Iced coffee drinks are always in season when you live in the South. We drink them regularly, and making iced coffee at home is a surefire way to save some money and get to try new flavorful combinations.
We're keeping this latte simple with vanilla. A perfect iced drink ready for any occasion. Add to it or keep it plain, and it'll be delicious just the same.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's quick and easy. Made with just a few simple and basic ingredients, you can have an iced vanilla latte ready to drink in no time.
- There are no lines. Forget the shoes, the car keys, and the 10-minute wait as you stand in line with strangers. When you whip up your own coffee at home, you can enjoy the simpler things without any hassle.
- You can scale it up or down. Make more than one glass, or just make one for yourself. This recipe can easily be adjusted to make as many or as few glasses as you want.
Simple syrup- You'll make your own vanilla simple syrup using sugar, vanilla, and water. You will need to use some (not all) of the simple vanilla syrup. So store the unused syrup for later.
Coffee- Brew your coffee fresh so it's hot, or use some cold coffee for a colder drink experience.
Ice- For an iced drink, you'll need some ice cubes. The actual amount needed will vary based on the size of your drinking glass as well as the temperature of the coffee because hot drinks will melt the ice faster and require more ice than colder coffee would.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Start the simple syrup by adding your water and sugar to a microwave-safe bowl.
Step 2: Heat for 1 minute and stir. The sugar should be dissolved. Add in the vanilla and mix again.
Step 3: Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
Step 4: Add in 1-2 tablespoons of the vanilla syrup you made.
Step 5: Add in the coffee.
Step 6: Add in the milk.
Step 7: Stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust as needed.
Step 8: Top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
Depending on how much ice you use and the size of your cups, you may be able to make two glasses from this recipe without doubling.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
You can brew the coffee in advance and keep it stored in the fridge so it's chilled but ready to go when needed.
Up to a few hours in advance, you can mix the iced coffee together (without the ice) and keep it stored in the fridge. This means mixing the coffee, simple syrup, and milk, so all you have to do is add in some ice.
It's made with coffee, milk, vanilla simple syrup, and ice. Homemade drinks don't need any "filler" ingredients either, so this drink stays pretty plain and basic.
Yes. Depending on your preferences, you can use a strong espresso or a regular brewed coffee. Note that stronger coffee or espresso may need more milk or syrup to keep it from tasting too bitter.
Adding ice to anything makes it feel more refreshing, but adding milk to lattes helps to give the coffee a richer, velvety texture which is hard to beat. Adding flavors and sweeteners makes them too good to resist.
❤️ More Delicious Beverage Recipes
If you tried this vanilla latte, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Vanilla Iced Latte
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup Water ($0.00)
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar ($0.06)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.02)
- 3 Tablespoons Simple syrup
- ½ cup Brewed coffee (hot or cold) ($0.08)
- 1 cup Milk ($0.18)
- 1-2 cups Ice Cubes ($0.00)
- Start the simple syrup by adding your water and sugar to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute and stir. The sugar should be dissolved. Add in the vanilla and mix again.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of the vanilla syrup you made.
- Add in the coffee.
- Add in the milk.
- Stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Top with whipped cream, and enjoy!