A one bowl chocolate chip banana bread recipe is sure to bring a chocolate-filled smile to your face. Packed with chocolate and bananas, this moist loaf is too good to share!
As a tired mother and an avid baker I always have a sink full of dishes to wash so finding one bowl recipes like this just makes life simpler and saves me a little more hassle in the evenings.
This simple banana chocolate chip bread recipe is simple and easy and packs a great flavor in every bite. Use your favorite chocolate chips to create a combination of tasty goodness you won't soon forget.
- Ripe bananas
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make one bowl chocolate chip banana bread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 loaf pan, set it aside.
Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the oil or melted butter.
Mix in the baking soda, and salt until distributed.
Whisk in the vanilla, egg, and sugar until smooth.
Stir in the flour until no flour streaks remain.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Let rest in the bread pan for 10 minutes before flipping onto a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
🍴 Recipe Tips
This banana bread recipe is simple and easily versatile. Use your favorite chocolate chips, use regular, mini, or jumbo sized too! this is the best banana chocolate chip bread recipe and it's pretty versatile.
For a richer flavor use melted butter in the bread and for added sweetness add in some more sugar. Notes on this are included on the recipe card but if you're like me and like your banana bread to be less sweet and more banana-flavored then it's good as is.
You can use vegetable oil, canola oil, butter, or even coconut oil depending on what you have on hand or are looking to achieve. Each will add a little fat into the bread to make it moist but butter can help to make the flavor a little richer while coconut oil makes it healthier and adds a coconut flavor.
If properly stored in an airtight container at room temperature, your easy chocolate chip banana bread can last about 3-5 days and still taste great.
More great banana recipes to try
- Stovetop Banana Bread
- Banana Pound Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Mango Banana Bread
- Red Velvet Banana Bread
- Yogurt Banana Split
- Banana Bread With Strawberries
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe) ($0.75)
- ⅓ cup oil (can use melted butter) ($0.18)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon salt ($0.02)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla ($0.04)
- 1 large egg ($0.08)
- ½ cup sugar (can add up to ½ cup more for sweeter) ($0.11)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour ($0.12)
- 1 cup chocolate chips ($0.99)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas.
- Stir in oil or melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the vanilla, egg, and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in flour until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan beofre tranfering to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply