A one bowl chocolate chip banana bread recipe is sure to bring a chocolate-filled smile to your face. Packed with chocolate and bananas, this moist loaf is too good to share!
This simple banana chocolate chip bread recipe is an easy way to pack a lot of flavor in every bite. Use your favorite chocolate chips to create a combination of tasty goodness you won't soon forget.
The gooey chocolate chips, evenly distributed throughout the loaf, provide bursts of sweetness in every bite, making it an irresistible treat. This bread also works wonderfully with walnuts or pecans if you prefer some nutty crunch in your banana bread.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Simplicity at its finest. Made with just a few simple ingredients and without dirtying every dish in the house, it's as easy to make as you can imagine.
- Quick prep. It's so fast to throw together that the batter can be ready in the same time it takes for the oven to preheat.
- It's always popular. Banana bread doesn't need a time of the year to make an entrance at your house. It's evergreen and always well-received.
Ripe bananas- You will need some ripe spotted bananas to make this banana bread well flavored and sweeter.
Sugars- You will need a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar to make this bread sweet and to give it a nice depth of flavor.
Chocolate chips- To make this banana bread even more indulgent, add in some semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Grease an 8x4 loaf pan and set it aside.
Step 3: Add your peeled ripe bananas to a large mixing bowl.
Step 4: Mash until no large chunks remain.
Step 5: Add in the vegetable oil, baking soda, and salt.
Step 6: Whisk until well mixed.
Step 7: Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Step 8: Whisk again until well mixed.
Step 9: Add in the flour.
Step 10: Stir together just until no flour streaks remain. Do not overmix.
Step 11: Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 12: Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
Step 13: Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Step 14: Let rest in the bread pan for 10 minutes before flipping onto a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
I recommend waiting at least 1 hour before slicing into your bread loaf so that the chocolate can set and be less messy when sliced.
Serve and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
This banana bread recipe is simple and easily versatile. Use your favorite chocolate chips, use regular, mini, or jumbo sized too! This is the best banana chocolate chip bread recipe and it's pretty versatile.
For a richer flavor use melted butter in the bread and for added sweetness add in some more sugar. Notes on this are included on the recipe card but if you're like me and like your banana bread to be less sweet and more banana-flavored then it's good as is.
You can use vegetable oil, canola oil, butter, or even coconut oil depending on what you have on hand or are looking to achieve. Each will add a little fat into the bread to make it moist but butter can help to make the flavor a little richer while coconut oil makes it healthier and adds a coconut flavor.
If properly stored in an airtight container at room temperature, your easy chocolate chip banana bread can last about 3-5 days and still taste great.
This can happen if the banana bread is undercooked in the center or if you overmix the batter, causing it to collapse. Ensure it's fully baked and avoid excessive mixing.
❤️ More Delicious Banana Recipes
If you tried this One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups Mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe) ($0.75)
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil ($0.18)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda ($0.01)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt ($0.02)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract ($0.04)
- 1 large Egg ($0.08)
- ½ cup Granulated sugar ($0.11)
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour ($0.12)
- 1 cup Chocolate chips ($0.99)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan and set it aside.
- Add your peeled ripe bananas to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash until no large chunks remain.
- Add in the vegetable oil, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk until well mixed.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Whisk again until well mixed.
- Add in the flour.
- Stir together just until no flour streaks remain. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Let rest in the bread pan for 10 minutes before flipping onto a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- I recommend waiting at least 1 hour before slicing into your bread loaf so that the chocolate can set and be less messy when sliced.
- Serve and enjoy!