This 3 ingredient banana cornbread recipe is so easy and perfect for a side dish- it's made without eggs too! It's moist, flavorful, and perfect for dinner.
We love this easy cornbread recipe because it's so fast and simple to throw together. Thanks to Jiffy we have everything we need except a little binder and liquid. That's where the banana and milk come in. 😉
While this banana bread recipe may not taste like banana bread, it does taste like cornbread. The banana flavor is pretty subtle so you don't have to worry about adding it as a side dish next to chili or something you wouldn't normally eat with bananas.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Snack or side dish, you decide. Eat this cornbread banana bread as a snack with honey on top, turn it into muffins, or simply enjoy it as a side dish to your favorite meals. There's no wrong way to enjoy it.
- It's egg-free. This recipe is perfect for those avoiding eggs due to allergies, and you can swap out the milk for a dairy free alternative too
- It's easy to throw together. One of my favorite things about Jiffy cornbread is that it's so easy to make, just whisk everything together and bake it. This recipe is JUST as easy as that, making it one you'll want to repeat often.
Ripe banana- A mashed ripe banana will help with the binding of the bread and give it some flavor and moisture.
Jiffy mix- You'll need a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix as the base of this recipe.
Milk- Use milk (dairy or non-dairy) to help hydrate the batter.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 bread pan. Set it aside.
Step 2: Add a peeled, ripe banana to a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Mash with a fork until no large chunks remain.
Step 4: Add in the Jiffy corn muffin mix (just the dry stuff) and milk.
Step 5: Mix together with a whisk until well combined.
Step 6: Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
Step 7: Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
Step 8: Remove and cool before serving.
🍴 Recipe Tips
This recipe makes one small loaf's worth but you can also turn it into muffins using the recipe card's notes.
You could double this recipe but the bake time will increase by about 5-10 minutes so instead of 30 minutes it will take closer to 35-40.
If desired you can also add in up to ½ cup of chopped nuts like walnuts.
Banana cornbread is a variation of traditional cornbread that includes mashed bananas in the batter. The bananas add sweetness and moisture to the cornbread.
You can make banana corn muffins by dividing this batter of Jiffy cornbread mix with bananas between 6 greased muffin cups and baking for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
This cornbread should be good for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. I recommend eating it sooner rather than later so that it tastes fresh and doesn't dry out.
❤️ More Delicious Banana Recipes
If you tried this Banana Cornbread, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix ($0.47)
- 1 ripe Banana (½ cup mashed ) ($0.25)
- ½ cup Milk ($0.08)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 loaf pan. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the Jiffy mix, banana, and milk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and then place it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Remove and let cool before serving.