This 3 ingredient banana cornbread recipe is so easy and perfect for a side dish- especially if you don't want to use eggs! It's moist, flavorful, and perfect for dinner.
We love this easy cornbread recipe because it's so fast and simple to throw together. Thanks to Jiffy we have everything we need except a little binder and liquid. That's where the banana and milk come in. 😉
While this banana bread recipe may not taste like banana bread, it does taste like cornbread. The banana flavor is pretty subtle so you don't have to worry about adding it as a side dish next to chili or something you wouldn't normally eat with bananas.
Eat this cornbread banana bread as a snack with honey on top, turn it into muffins, or simply enjoy it as a side dish to your favorite meals. There's no wrong way to enjoy it.
- Ripe banana
- Jiffy corn muffin mix
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
This recipe makes one small loaf's worth but you can also turn it into muffins using the recipe card's notes.
You could double this recipe but the bake time will increase by about 5-10 minutes so instead of 30 minutes it will take closer to 35-40.
If desired you can also add in up to ½ cup of chopped nuts like walnuts.
You can make banana corn muffins by dividing this batter of Jiffy cornbread mix with bananas between 6 greased muffin cups and baking for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
This cornbread should be good for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. I recommend eating it sooner rather than later so that it tastes fresh and doesn't dry out.
Check out how to make banana cornbread with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a bread pan, set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the banana, milk, and Jiffy corn mix until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Remove and cool before serving.
More great bananas recipes to try
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Chocolate Orange Banana Bread
- Pistachio Banana Bread
- Fruity Pebbles Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix ($0.47)
- 1 ripe Banana (½ cup mashed ) ($0.25)
- ½ cup Milk ($0.08)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x4 loaf pan. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the Jiffy mix, banana, and milk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and then place it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Remove and let cool before serving.