This cinnamon crumble banana bread is as delicious as it is easy. Okay, it’s even more delicious than it is easy, but once you try it for yourself you’ll understand why we’re swooning over this banana bread recipe lately.
Cream cheese banana bread with sweet cinnamon topping
I have a family of banana bread lovers and one of their favorite recipes is this one right here. Made with a cinnamon crumble topping and a spiced cream cheese banana bread interior it’s crunchy, sweet, soft, and fluffy and everything you could ever want in a slice.
I made this recipe as an adaption to the famous Southern Living Cream Cheese Banana Bread recipe. It’s a recipe that’s been out for longer than I’ve been alive and honestly, this recipe variation only improves upon the greatness.
Banana bread and warm spices are a perfect pair and when you throw it all together in this tasty recipe it’s an instant winner. But even better is that it makes two loaves so you can win twice!
Coffee cake banana bread ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla exract
For the crumble topping you will need:
- Brown sugar
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making banana bread with brown sugar crumble
This bread batter will be pretty thick and gummy in texture as you mix it with the electric mixer and this is okay because once you add in the mashed bananas, the added liquid from the bananas will help to make the batter less thick and a little runnier. The batter will remain somewhat thick though so keep that in mind.
When the bread bakes it will become a very soft crumb texture and be perfect for snacking on.
You can turn this banana bread recipe into about 24 perfect muffins by baking them at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
FAQ’s about cream cheese banana bread
No, this banana bread doesn’t need to be placed in the fridge and can handle being stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. For best results eat within 2 or 3 days.
Yes, this banana bread recipe can be frozen. After the bread has cooled completely simply wrap it well in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container. Then it can last for about 3 or 4 months and taste just fine once thawed.
How to make cinnamon crumble banana bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 8 x4 bread loaf pans. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until nice and smooth.
Gradually add in the sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon.
Add to the butter mixture and beat together on low speed until combined.
Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla.
Divide the batter between two greased 8×4 loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cover the breads with a loose piece of foil during the last 15 minutes if you don’t want the bread getting too dark in color.
Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
More great banana bread recipes to try
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Chocolate Orange Banana Bread
- Pistachio Banana Bread
- Fruity Pebbles Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Stovetop Banana Bread
- One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Mango Banana Bread
- Red Velvet Banana Bread
- Banana Bread With Strawberries
- Banana Cornbread
Cinnamon Crumble Banana Bread
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Banana
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 6 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening (or butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 8 x4 bread loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until nice and smooth.
- Gradually add in the sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon.
- Add to the butter mixture and beat together on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Divide the batter between two greased 8×4 loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cover the breads with a loose piece of foil during the last 15 minutes if you don't want the bread getting too dark in color.
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.