Mini bagel pizzas are a fun lunch or snack option that everyone can enjoy. Made with mini bagels, pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperonis, every bite is a soft and chewy pizza that tastes like nostalgia.
My kids are big fans of the frozen bagel bites, but I am not a big fan of the price. For a batch of these mini bagels, we can have more for less and they just taste a bit better too.
We can add as many or as few toppings to each of our preferences to these mini pizza bagels.
There are so many different ways that you can customize your own pizza bagel bites by simply switching the toppings for ones you prefer. We like to stick with the classics though (pepperoni, cheese, and maybe black olives).
- Mini bagels
- Pizza sauce
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Using the back of a spoon is sufficient for spreading the sauce around the bagels but you could use other things like a butter knife or rubber spatula if desired.
Regular-sized pepperoni will work for homemade mini pizza bagels as well, but mini ones make eating them a little less messy because one bite won't rip a bunch of toppings off as a large pepperoni slice would.
Your bagels will only take about 5-10 minutes to cook at 425 degrees F in the oven or about 10 minutes at 375 degrees F. The time used to cook the bagels is basically just to melt the cheese and warm the bagels so you can extend or reduce the time in the oven depending on how melty or cooked you like your bagels.
Yes, if you want to cook your pizza bagels in the microwave instead of the oven you can simply place them on a microwave-safe plate and heat for about 45 seconds to cook the cheese until melted. Be careful though as they will be hot.
After assembling the homemade pizza bagels as per the recipe card, simply place them on a baking sheet and freeze for about 2 hours until solid. Then transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake remove the amount desired from the container and bake as directed. You won't need to thaw the bagels but depending on how many you cook or close they are on the pan you may need to extend the cooking time by a few minutes.
Check out how to make mini bagel pizzas with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split the bagels in half and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of each bagel and spread it around with the back of a spoon.
- Top with 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Add your mini pepperonis.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving because it will be hot.
More great pizza recipes to try
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
- Baked French Bread Pizzas
- Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
- Pizza Dough In a Bag
- No Rise Pizza Dough Recipe
- Christmas Tree Fruit Pizza
Mini Bagel Pizzas
- 12 whole mini bagels
- 1 ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend
- ¼ cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split each bagel in half and arrange them to fit on the baking sheet.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce onto each half and use the back of a spoon to spread it around over the top of the bagels.
- Top the sauce with about 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Add mini pepperoni if desired. I like to add about 5 because it gives roughly 1 per bite.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese is nice and melted.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before serving because it will be hot.
reheat in microwave on a plate for 30 sec