These air fryer pizza rolls are a wonderful way to cook up your favorite binge-worthy snack. Crispy and crunchy on the outside and packed with sauce and melted cheese, this is going to become your favorite way to cook pizza rolls.
We love our air fryer and have been getting a lot of great mileage out of it since bringing it home. One of our favorite crunchy snacks to "fry" up is Tostinos pizza rolls.
Air frying pizza rolls is incredibly easy and pretty low maintenance. While it does take a few more minutes than cooking it in the microwave, the added time is well worth it. Every pizza pocket is chewy and crunchy with a hot cheesy meaty center and together it creates the perfect experience.
Why This Recipe Works
- They turn out perfectly. Air fryer Totino's pizza rolls turn out so much better than any other cooking method we've ever tried and it's not hard to see why. But it is hard to see how we've lived so long without an air fryer before.
- Quicker than an oven. Note that the air fryer method is still about half the time needed to bake in the oven and you don't have to wait forever for the oven to preheat as the air fryer can be warmed up in as little as a minute.
- They're geat appetizers and snacks. We love to serve up pizza rolls and make Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks as late night snacks, but they also taste great as a game day appetizer!
Frozen pizza rolls- You can use any brand of frozen pizza rolls that you would like to use. We have used everything from Tostinos to storebrand versions like Walmart and Aldi.
Olive oil- This is to simply grease the air fryer basket. Spray or brush the oil onto the tray so that the food doesn't stick. DO NOT use Pam or similar ingredietns as they can ruin your air fryer.
Marinara sauce- This is totally optional as a nice dipping sauce for your pizza rolls. I almost always keep a jar of pizza sauce on hand for my snacking needs.
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to cook pizza rolls in the air fryer with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your air fryer by either selecting the "preheat" option (if available) or by setting the air fryer for 390 degrees F and letting it run for 2 minutes.
Brush the tray of the air fryer with olive oil to grease it. Do NOT use Pam or similar sprays- they can damage your air fryer.
Place your frozen pizza rolls down onto the tray and try to arrange them in an even layer as much as possible. A little overlapping is okay.
Cook at 390 degrees F for 7-8 minutes, making sure to stop at the 4 minute mark to shake the pan and toss the pizza rolls around. This is what will help them to cook evenly on all sides.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Pizza Rolls Cooking Time
Once you know how to make pizza rolls in the air fryer you will never want to cook them with any other method again. But be warned that there is a bit of a learning curve and it will depend entirely on your own air fryer.
As you may have guessed, much like with any other applicant the brands and strengths vary from one to another. This means you may not need to cook for the same exact amount of time as someone else.
For me, I find that our "sweet spot" is right there at the 7-minute mark because if I dare to go to 8 minutes, the pockets will burst and cause a large cheesy mess to clean up. This is not ideal because now my snacks are more hollow than filled and now I have to clean up a mess.
When you are cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer note that the air fryer pizza rolls time depends on several factors including, but not limited to:
- The brand, make, model, age, and strength of your air fryer.
- How frozen or cold the pizz rolls are.
- If you preheated your air fryer or not.
Once you have accepted that, you can have a much easier time getting perfect results with your air fryer frozen pizza rolls. It might take a batch or two to get all of the kinks worked out, much like making pancakes where the first few are the learning curve to getting your griddle to the perfect temperature.
Keep your leftover pizza rolls stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat again before eating. You can reheat in a preheated air fryer at 390 degrees F for 2 minutes.
How to make pizza rolls extra crispy
If you want your rolls even more crispy then spritxz them with a little olive oil spray before cooking.
How many pizza rolls can you cook at once?
This will depend upon the size of your air fryer. My 7 quart air fryer can cook about 5 rolls at one time.
The length of time spent cooking will depend on many factors but the recommendation from most websites and package directions state to cook the rolls for 6-8 minutes, and toss the pizza rolls around at the halfway mark to make sure that they are evenly toasted. Check on your rolls after 6 minutes to see if they might need an extra minute or two.
Yes, I always preheat my air fryer especially since learning the hard way that recipes don't always turn out properly if you don't. To do this simply press the preheat button or set your heat to the cooking temp and set the timer for 2 minutes. A good suggestion is to preheat the fryer while you're getting everything ready because it will be done about the same time that you are.
I recommend trying to keep them in an even layer if at all possible but if not a little slight overlapping won't hurt. If there are so many rolls that they are truly piled on top of each other then the cooking time will be longer as the heat cant get between the rolls. If you plan on cooking a large portion, I suggest working in batches.
More great air fryer recipes to check out soon
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Canned Biscuits
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 25 Frozen Pizza Rolls ($2.21)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil ($0.13)
- ¼ cup Marinara Sauce ($0.19)
- Preheat your air fryer by either selecting the "preheat" option (if available) or by setting the air fryer for 390 degrees F and letting it run for 2 minutes.
- Brush the tray of the air fryer with olive oil to grease it. Do NOT use Pam or similar sprays- they can damage your air fryer.
- Place your frozen pizza rolls down onto the tray and try to arrange them in an even layer as much as possible. A little overlapping is okay.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 7-8 minutes, making sure to stop at the 4 minute mark to shake the pan and toss the pizza rolls around. This is what will help them to cook evenly on all sides.
- The cooking time for your pizza rolls will vary based on the strength and type of air fryer that you have. You may notice them cooked perfectly between 6 and 8 minutes. If your pizza rolls "explode" reduce future baking time by 1-2 minutes as this is a sign of them being overcooked.
- Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. Reheat in the air fryer for 2 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- You can make the pizza rolls extra crispy by brushing or spraying them with olive oil or cooking spray prior to cooking.
- Try not to pile the pizza rolls on top of each other as this will extend the cooking time. A little overlapping is okay.
- If you do not preheat your air fryer you may need an extra 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
Leave a Reply