You're going to love these air fryer English muffin pizzas! Made with minimal effort and ingredients, you get tasty personal sized pizzas perfect for any snack or lunch.
Making English muffin pizzas in the air fryer is simple and fun. The end results are crispy, chewy, flavorful mini pizzas topped with all of your favorite toppings.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Basic ingredients. English muffins, sauce, and toppings are all you'll need to make these simple pizzas. Any shopping trips needed will be minimal (and frugal!)
- It's quick. From start to finish, you can have a batch of pizzas on your plate in 10 minutes or less. Perfect for a quick snack.
- It's customizable. Add pepperoni, olives, sausage, peppers, and more. These little pizzas can be customized to your own tastes and include any number of toppings and cheeses.
Mozzarella cheese- You can use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese or a "pizza blend" of cheeses to save on time, or you can shred the cheese yourself.
English muffins- You'll want to use plain English muffins for the base of the pizza, but whole grain or whole wheat options work well too.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Pepperoni: Not sure which pepperoni to use? You can use mini pepperoni, regular-sized pepperoni slices, and even a pepperoni stick. If using regular-sized pepperoni, you may wish to quarter them so you can fit more per slice. If using a pepperoni stick, dicing the pepperoni works best.
Sauces: You can adjust this recipe however you'd like, and that includes switching up the sauces and toppings. Feel free to try using BBQ sauce (storebought or Homemade), Alfredo sauce, or ranch dressing.
You don't have to stick with pepperoni! Feel free to add slices of bell peppers, black olives, shredded chicken, Canadian bacon, crumbled cooked bacon, ground beef, pineapple, tomatoes, or spinach.
You can even switch up the cheese for a pizza blend, shredded mozzarella or cheddar, parmesan, Italian cheeses, or feta.
There are so many options. You can customize your pizza however you'd like!
Step 1: Slice the English muffins in half (if they aren't already) and place them cut-side-up in the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Cook for 3 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Step 3: Remove from the air fryer and top with sauce.
Step 4: Add the toppings, and cheese (add cheese last!) or layer cheese, toppings, and more cheese on top.
Step 5: Carefully lift and return the English muffin pizzas to the air fryer.
Step 6: Cook for 2 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Serve warm, and enjoy.
♨️ Oven Directions
Halve the English muffins and place them onto a baking sheet. Top with sauce and cheese, and then add your desired toppings. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes.
🍴 Recipe Tips
A tip that we share with all of our air fryer pizza recipes is that you want to make sure you place cheese ON TOP of your toppings. Air fryers work by circulating air around the product, which means lightweight items (like pepperoni) can fly around in the basket.
By adding cheese on top of the pizza toppings, the cheese will melt and hold the toppings down so that they stay perfectly placed and don't create a mess.
Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Overcrowding will lead to soggy English muffins.
You can reheat these pizzas in the microwave for about 30 seconds on a microwave-safe plate. If cooking 2 or more, you may need 1-2 minutes to cook them together.
For reheating in the air fryer, you'll want to cook them at 350F for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
Alternatively, you can place them in the oven (on a baking sheet) for about 10 minutes at 325 degrees F.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
You can prepare the English muffin pizzas and place them in a single-layer air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking. This could be a great idea for meal prepping!
Keep your cooled pizzas stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can freeze your cooked English muffin pizzas in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. I recommend wrapping them in plastic wrap or foil before placing them into the container to prevent freezer burn and prolong the quality.
Pizza is a great dish on its own, but if you're looking for simple side dishes, you really can't go wrong with veggies. Green salads, Caesar salad, roasted brussel sprouts or cold broccoli, carrots, and ranch dip are all great ideas.
Hunt's tomato sauce invented the English muffin pizza back in the 1950s to help advertise their sauces.
By using less sauce and by toasting the English muffin before adding the sauce and toppings, you can prevent a soggy muffin. Toasting the muffins helps to keep the sauce from being absorbed into the bread.
❤️ More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried these air fryer english muffin pizzas, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese ($1.98)
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce ($0.38)
- 6 English Muffins, halved ($1.50)
Toppings of choice
- Pepperoni slices, quartered ($2.43)
- Slice the English muffins in half (if they aren't already) and place them cut-side-up in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from the air fryer and top with about ½-1 tablespoon of sauce each.
- Add the toppings, and cheese (add cheese last!) or layer cheese, toppings, and more cheese on top.
- Carefully lift and return the English muffin pizzas to the air fryer.
- Cook for 2 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve warm, and enjoy.
- Halve the English muffins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Top with sauce, cheese, and your desired toppings.
- Bake in the oven at 425°F for 5 minutes.
- Place cheese on top of toppings to prevent them from moving around in the air fryer.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket to prevent soggy muffins.
- Microwave: Heat for about 30 seconds on a microwave-safe plate.
- Air fryer: Reheat at 350°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Oven: Place on a baking sheet and bake at 325°F for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the pizzas and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking.
- Store cooled pizzas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze cooked pizzas in an airtight container for up to 3 months, wrapped in plastic wrap or foil to prevent freezer burn.