This pepperoni pizza pasta bake is an easy meal that takes minimal prep and ingredients. Combining your favorite pizza flavors into a cheesy pizza pasta bake is a fun and delicious way to switch up the weekly dinner rotations.
We love pizza and pasta so combining the two into an easy weeknight meal was a no-brainer. We love how versatile and easy this pizza pasta casserole is to make and we always customize it to our tastebuds.
Adding in cooked sausage, onions, bell peppers, or other pizza toppings helps to make the dish unique every time. Not to mention that it helps to use up random odds and ends in our fridge, haha. Customize your pizza pasta to your tastes and let me know what you added using the comments below because I love hearing new ideas!
- Mozzarella cheese
- Penne noodles
- Sliced olives
- Pizza sauce
- Mini pepperoni
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
You can make this pizza pasta bake using any noodle shape desired. We prefer penne, rigatoni, or rotini but even elbow noodles or broken-up spaghetti noodles could work well.
Just make sure to cook them to "al dente" according to their specific package instructions as you won't want them mushy before mixing and cooking. Keeping the noodles al dente before cooking will allow them to soften as they absorb the sauce and bake in the oven.
You can use large pepperoni if desired, I recommend quartering them before mixing them into the pasta so that they aren't too large when chewing through your food.
Yes, this pizza pasta can be made in advance. Simply prep it in the baking dish as directed and then cover the top with foil or plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and chill for up to 2 days before removing and baking as directed. Allow the pan to warm up for about 30 minutes on the counter before baking to avoid going from cold to hot too fast and possibly damaging your baking dish. You may need to extened the baking time a little bit depending on how cold the pasta was when baked. The cheese should be melted throughout.
After being cooked, you can store your leftover pizza pasta in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For best results, eat within 3 and reheat before eating.
Check out how to make pepperoni pizza pasta bake with these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Cook your noodles according to package directions and drain the liquid. Return your noodles to the pot.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set the dish aside.
- Toss your cooked pasta with pizza sauce until well mixed.
- Add in 1 cup of cheese, some pepperoni, and your sliced olives. Stir to combine.
- Spread the noodles into the prepared baking dish.
- Top the noodles with the remaining cheese and toppings.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
More great recipes to try
- Rice Krispie Treats with Chocolate Chips
- Triple Berry Muffin Mix Cookies
- Ground Beef Pot Pie
- Puff Pastry Egg Tart
- No Bake Apple Donuts
- Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella cheese ($1.30)
- 16 oz Penne noodles ($0.78)
- 1 can (2.25oz) Sliced olives ($1.47)
- 1 jar (14oz) Pizza sauce ($1.14)
- ¼ cup Mini pepperoni ($0.28)
optional pizza toppings
- Green bell pepper
- Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- In a large pot of water cook your noodles according to package directions. Drain liquid and return noodles to pot.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Toss with the pizza sauce until well mixed.
- Add in 1 cup of cheese, some pepperoni and olives. Stir to combine.
- Spread the noodle mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese, pepperoni, and olives.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.