This no bake kool aid pie is a perfect summery dessert that only needs 4 ingredients and about 4 steps to make from start to finish. A perfect option for a lazy sweet treat.
Finding easy-to-make sweets that won't heat up the house and won't use every dish in the kitchen is sometimes a challenge but when it comes to this wonderful creamy kool-aid pie recipe, it's so easy it almost feels like you're cheating.
To go from a powdered kool-aid packet to a flavorful sweet pie in minutes is so much fun. Everyone has a favorite kool-aid flavor, so just imagine the possibilities! This easy kool-aid pie is as versatile as it is delicious.
While you're serving up this pie, make sure to have some Kool Aid Slushies to wash it down with.
Why This Recipe Works
- It is cheap to make! The ingredients for this recipe can be purchased for $5 or less, making it a frugal option when you want dessert without spending too much money.
- It's really easy to make. Just mix together, toss in a prepared crust and let it chill.
- It tastes delicious! Everyone loves Kool-Aid or has a favorite Kool-Aid flavor (and there are so many different flavors out there!) Think of all the tasty possibilities, from blue raspberry to pink strawberry lemonade or watermelon, yum!
Kool-Aid Drink Mix- You will need a packet of kool-aid drink mix (just the powder). Use any flavor desired.
Sweetened Condensed Milk- This will thicken the filling and make it sweeter, which helps to cut down on the tartness of the Kool-Aid.
Cool Whip- Use a container of whipped topping or make your own. This will make the pie nice and fluffy.
Prepared Graham Cracker Crust- You can use a homemade graham cracker crust (as detailed in the recipe card), or you can use a prebought crust from the store to save on time. Both work great!
For the exact measurements needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make no bake kool aid pie with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Add your graham crackers to a large zipper-top baggie. Remove most of the air and seal it closed.
Run it over with a rolling pin a few times until it becomes fine crumbs. Alternatively, you can process them in a food processor.
Open the bag and add in the melted butter.
Close the bag again and shake well to moisten the graham cracker crumbs.
Pour into your pie plate.
Press into the shape of a crust. Immediately place into the freezer for 10 minutes as you prepare the filling.
Pour your condensed milk into a mixing bowl. Add in the Kool aid packet.
Whisk well to combine.
Add in the thawed whipped topping.
Fold or whisk together until well mixed.
Pour into the prepared pie crust and spread out evenly. Chill (loosely covered) for at least 2 hours.
Garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruits.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
🍴 Recipe Tips
Flavors. There are hundreds of Kool-Aid flavors available, so the possibilities are endless for making this pie more unique and wonderful. Some flavorful suggestions include strawberry, cherry, lemon, orange, grape, or even pink lemonade. We enjoy using blue raspberry because no one expects a blue-colored pie.
Making Kool-Aid pie with Cool Whip helps to keep it fluffy and stabilized. If you do not wish to use Cool Whip, any other brand of frozen whipped topping will work fine (once thawed).
You can even use homemade whipped cream. You'll need about 2-3 cups of homemade whipped cream to replace the 8 ounces of whipped topping.
🐄 Homemade Whipped Topping
Whipping cream. If desired, you can swap out the whipped topping for homemade whipped cream. To do this, beat 1.5 cups of heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Use in place of the whipped topping.
Kool-aid pie is made of just 4 simple ingredients. Mix together sweetened condensed milk, whipped topping and a kool aid packet before placing it into a graham cracker crust.
You can keep this pie well covered and stored in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days. Even longer if you freeze it. It can last in the freezer (if properly stored) for up to 2 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Make sure you allow your pie to set in the fridge for a few hours before slicing. This will make it easier to do so. When cutting, use a sharp knife and keep a clean towel or paper towel handy. Wipe the blade between every cut, and try to keep your hand steady. This will help the sides of the pie look straighter when cut.
More great pie recipes to try
No Bake Kool Aid Pie
- 1 packet Kool aid, any flavor of choice ($0.24)
- 1 can (14oz) Sweetened condensed milk ($1.44)
- 1 tub (8oz) Cool whip, thawed ($1.00)
- Graham cracker crust, prepared ($1.26)
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 sleeve Graham crackers
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add your graham crackers to a ziploc baggie or food processor.
- Crush with a rolling pin or process until fine crumbs.
- Add in melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Press into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Place into the freezer to chill for 10 minutes as you prepare the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the condensed milk with the kool aid, using a whisk until well blended.
- Fold in your cool whip until no more streaks remain.
- Pour the filling into your prepared graham cracker crust.
- Cover and place into the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.