This no bake cool whip cheesecake is what dreams are made of. With a rich and creamy smooth filling, you can't help but reach for another piece. This is one tasty cheesecake recipe you won't want to share, and I feel the same.
I absolutely love cheesecake, but baking them is always a tricky hassle. Thankfully no bake recipes are always there for me because they're practically foolproof. I love how fast and easily this cream cheese cool whip pie comes together. Just some blending and chilling.
Why This Recipe Works
- This cold dessert is perfect for any occasion. Serve this cheesecake up for a weeknight treat, a holiday feast, birthday, or anniversary and it's sure to be loved by all.
- It tastes incredible. Every bite is so gosh darn tasty it's impossible to resist- and I should know, considering I ate my pie within a few days and almost all to myself.
- Toppings are optional (but delicious). Add your favorite cheesecake toppings like glazed strawberries, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, or whipped cream.
Cream cheese- This is the star of the show and the base of the filling recipe. You'll want to use softened cream cheese or else you'll risk little balls of unmixed cream cheese throughout the cheesecake.
Sugar- Use granulated sugar to make this cheesecake nice and sweet.
Sour cream- This helps to cut down on the sweetness and tempers the cream cheese so that it's a softer consistency.
Vanilla- For flavor enhancement.
Cool Whip- This makes the pie more stable and gives it a fluffier texture.
Graham cracker crust- You will want to use an already prepared graham cracker crust. You can use storebought or homemade, or swap it out for an Oreo Pie Crust with Sprinkles for a fun and festive touch.
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make no bake cool whip cheesecake with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Cream together the sugar and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
Blend in the sour cream and vanilla until well-mixed.
Fold in your cool whip.
Spoon the batter into a prepared graham cracker crust. Level the top of the pie and then cover with plastic wrap.
Place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for about 4 hours before serving.
🍴 Recipe Tips
To make sure your cheesecake is as creamy as possible, make sure that your cream cheese is soft before using. You can speed up the softening process by wrapping the foiled brick of cream cheese in a warm towel for about 10 minutes.
While you don't have to chill the cheesecake before eating, it is highly recommended if you want your slices to come out clean. The chilling will help the ingredients to firm up so that when sliced, they stay looking as they should whereas softer ingredients might turn into a gloopy pile on your plate (a tasty pile of gloop).
I hope you enjoy this easy no bake cheesecake with Cool whip. It's always one of our favorites!
If you don't wish to use sour cream you can use any Greek yogurts in it's place. This could also be a fun way to experiment with changing up the flavors. Use strawberry Greek yogurt or honey Greek yogurt for a fun new twist. Do not use regular yogurts as they have too high of a water content and the pie will not set properly.
This cheesecake is good for about 3-5 days if left covered in the fridge. Do not let sit at room temperature for too long (1 hour or more) unless serving as this is a dessert best served cold.
Yes! If you want to use homemade whipped cream instead then go for it! An 8 ounce tub of cool whip has about 3 cups of whipped topping inside so you'll want the same amount of your homemade whipped cream to get similar results.
More great pie recipes to try
No Bake Cool Whip Cheesecake
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened ($1.98)
- ½ cup Granulated sugar ($0.11)
- 1 cup Sour cream ($0.80)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract ($0.04)
- 1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip, thawed ($0.99)
- 1 Prepared graham cracker crust ($1.26)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Blend in the sour cream and vanilla until well mixed.
- Fold in Cool Whip until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared graham cracker crust. Level top and cover with plastic wrap or lid.
- Place in fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
- You can replace the sour cream with plain or flavored Greek yogurt.
- You can use homemade whipped cream instead of cool whip. You'll need 3 cups of it to replace the 8 ounces of Cool Whip.
- Make sure that your cream cheese is softened before use. This will prevent chunks of unblended cream cheese from "ruining" the texture of the pie. you can speed up the softening process by wrapping a foiled brick of cream cheese in a warm kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
- Chilling. Freezing the pie for 2 hours will get it firm enough to slice and speeds up the process of setting and chilling by about 2 hours.
- Storage. This cheesecake is good for 3-5 days, covered in the fridge.