This orange fluff salad recipe is packed with flavors, marshmallows, and mandarin oranges. You’re sure to make an impression at the next BBQ or get together if you bring this tasty dessert salad along!
Orange jello fluff with vanilla pudding
We love orange creamsicle fluff not just because it’s cheap and easy but also because it tastes a lot like orange sherbert ice cream- which is delicious.
The first time I presented my daughter with this fluff salad she wouldn’t stop raving about it and asked to eat it every day. While that’s a bit much, eating it on a hot summer’s day is a great way to cool off and enjoy the sunshine and bursting citrus flavors.
Orange fluff salad ingredients
- Orange jello
- Vanilla pudding
- Mini marshmallows
- Mandarin oranges
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making orange fluff without cottage cheese
Traditionally orange fluff is made with cottage cheese and not pudding. But, forcing picky eaters to eat cottage cheese can be difficult, especially with those that despise the texture. So instead, we use pudding.
By using a dry mix of pudding we can create a thickener that helps to bind everything together while adding a fun flavor to enhance the dish.
This dish is also pretty versatile, add in crushed pineapple, swap out the pudding flavors, or use colored mini marshmallows instead of plain and you’ll get excited faces every time it’s around.
FAQ’s about orange fluff jello salad
You can reduce the sugar content by using mandarin oranges that are low or no sugar content in the syrup and by using low sugar options for the pudding, jello mix, and whipped topping.
Most boxes of pudding mix are naturally dairy free, just double-check the ingredients and then use a dairy free whipped topping. With those simple steps, you should be able to enjoy a tasty summer fluff salad without milk.
While you could use them for garnishing, canned mandarin oranges go better inside this dish as the flavor and texture are sweeter and softer.
How to Make Creamy Orange Fluff Salad
Combine 1 cup of boiling water with the dry mix from the box of orange jello. Whisk until dissolved and add in one cup of cold water.
Add in the packet of dry vanilla pudding mix and whisk until dissolved and no chunks remain.
Let rest 10-15 minutes.
Whisk in the whipped topping until well blended.
Stir in the mandarin oranges and marshmallows.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Stir to mix everything before serving.
More great recipes to try
- Maple Dijon Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Chicken Cream Cheese Crescent Bombs
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- Italian Green Beans with Tomatoes
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Creamy Orange Fluff Salad
- 1 box (3.4oz) Orange jello
- 1 box (3.4oz) Vanilla pudding *See Note
- 1 1/2 cup Mini marshmallows white or pastel colored
- 1 can (15oz) Mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups Water, divided
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the boiling water and the dry packet of orange jello mix until dissolved.
- Stir in the cup of cold water.
- Stir in the dry packet of pudding mix and whisk until well blended.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to cool and rest.
- Add the whipped topping to the cooled mixture using a whisk until well blended.
- Stir in the mandarin oranges and marshmallows.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then set in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, stir the contents of the bowl to evenly distribute everything as the marshmallows will be at the top and the pudding-like mixture will be at the bottom.
- Serve chilled.