If you've never had an air fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich before, you're in for a real treat. Crispy buttered bread filled with warm and melty peanut butter and your favorite jelly in every bite.
Making air fryer peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is a great way to put a classic spin on a classic sandwich. Bring back the nostalgia of youth with your favorite comforting sandwich but add a fun twist to make it feel more extravagant.
It's a creative and delightful way to enjoy a timeless favorite, and, making a PB&J in the air fryer is sure to become one of your favorite ways to make this tasty lunch recipe.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's quick. This recipe doesn't take much time to make so it works as a great option for when you're in a hurry or want food fast.
- It's simple. We use only 4 ingredients and you can already guess 3 of them. The steps are as simple as spreading the condiments and flipping a sandwich over to the other side. This is easy enough that a kid can do it with adult supervision.
- It's delicious. As much as we adore a classic and timeless sandwich like the PB&J, air frying your peanut butter and jelly creation certainly adds some extra love to it.
Sandwich bread- You can use any sliced bread of choice. We like to use sliced white sandwich bread, but you can just as easily use whole wheat or low carb bread if that's what you'd prefer.
Jelly- Use your favorite jams, jellies, or preserves. We like to keep it simple with strawberry jam or grape jelly.
Peanut butter- Creamy peanut butter is our favorite but feel free to use chunky peanut butter or any nut butter of choice.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Jelly. You can use any jam, jelly, or preserves to make this sandwich. We like to use grape jelly because it's our kid's favorite but strawberry is also delicious!
Peanut butter. Creamy peanut butter, chunky peanut butter, or any other alternative nut butters (like almond butter or sunflower butter) will work great in this recipe.
Bread. My kids are big fans of the cheap sliced sandwich bread but feel free to use any bread you want. Thicker bread slices (like homemade bread) may require a little longer cooking time (about 1-2 minutes)
🔪 Instructions for Air Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
Step 1: Lay out four slices of bread and spread butter on one side of each slice.
Step 2: On the non-buttered side of two slices, spread jelly. Then, place these slices buttered side down into the air fryer basket.
Step 3: On the non-buttered side of the remaining two slices, spread peanut butter. Place these slices, buttered side up, onto the jelly-covered ones to form two complete sandwiches.
Step 4: Place the basket back into the air fryer and set it to 400 degrees F for 6 minutes. Flip the sandwiches over after 3 minutes.
Step 5: Remove sandwiches from air fryer and serve immediately.
🍴 Recipe Tips
No greasing needed
Thanks to the butter on the bread, you will not need to grease the air fryer basket before use.
Flip the sandwich
Flipping the sandwich over will make sure that both sides of the bread get evenly toasted. Make sure that the top slice of bread is as toasted as you want it to be because once flipped. It will not darken any further.
🥗 Side Dishes
We like to serve out air fried PB&J with green grapes, cheese sticks, or go gurt tubes and juice. You can serve yours with any of your usual favorites.
💭 Recipe FAQs
Yes! Just make your peanut butter and jelly sandwich as per usual but make sure to butter the outsides of the bread like you would grilled cheese. Softened butter works best. Then air fry until golden brown on both sides. Yum!
Your sandwich should only take about 4-5 minutes to become perfectly golden and crispy on both sides. You can adjust the time as needed based on your wants.
Jelly is crafted solely from fruit juice, while jam is prepared using both the fruit and its juice. To illustrate, in strawberry jam, you'll frequently find strawberry pieces and their seeds, whereas grape jelly doesn't contain grape chunks since it's derived from grape juice rather than the whole fruit.
❤️ More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried this Air Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Air Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- 4 slices Sandwich bread ($0.24)
- 3 Tablespoons Jelly ($0.30)
- 3 Tablespoons Peanut butter ($0.15)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened ($0.25)
- Lay out four slices of bread and spread butter on one side of each slice.
- On the non-buttered side of two slices, spread jelly. Then, place these slices buttered side down into the air fryer basket.
- On the non-buttered side of the remaining two slices, spread peanut butter. Place these slices, buttered side up, onto the jelly-covered ones to form two complete sandwiches.
- Place the basket back into the air fryer and set it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes. After the first 3 minutes, carefully flip the sandwiches over.
- Once the cooking is done, remove the sandwiches from the air fryer and serve immediately.
- Two sandwiches can fit into an 8quart air fryer comfortably.
- You can use any of your favorite nut butters or jellys.
- You do not have to preheat your air fryer before use.