If you're looking for the best tasting chicken wings you've ever had in your life, stop and try these now because nothing is better! Air fryer garlic parmesan wings are what you've been missing, and this recipe should help to feed your soul.
Making these garlic parmesan wings in the air fryer is simple and easy and results in crispy skin and juicy meat in half the time as oven baked wings like Beer Brine Chicken Wings, Honey Lemon Pepper Wings, and Honey Buffalo Wings.
With just a little prep, you can have fabulously savory and crispy wings you can't wait to sink your teeth into.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients. We use very simple and basic kitchen ingredients to get flavorful restaraunt-quality results. Made from scratch, this chicken wing recipe is one you won't soon forget!
- Easy cleanup. We don't need too many dirty dishes or pots/pans with this recipe. Just a mixing bowl and your air fryer basket.
- Simple to follow steps. Mix some seasonings, toss in the wings, cook, flip, and add to melted butter. This recipe is so simple and basic that it's perfect for beginner chefs!
Chicken wings- You will want to use raw unbreaded chicken wings for this recipe. I like to buy a big bag of frozen wings and let them thaw before use.
Seasonings- You will want to use a combination of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika for the best flavor profile in every bite.
Baking powder- Adding baking powder to the seasoning blend will help to make the chicken extra crispy as it cooks.
Olive oil- We'll need some olive oil to help make the seasoning mixture adhere to the chicken.
Grated Parmesan Cheese- Use the canned grated cheese you find in the dry pantry aisles of grocery stores. This will add flavor to the chicken without turning it into burnt cheese.
Butter Parmesan Sauce:
Butter- The main ingredient in the sauce is melted butter. You can use unsalted or salted butter depending on what you have on hand or prefer. I like to use salted butter.
Garlic- You will want to use some minced garlic. You can use fresh garlic that you mince yourself, or you can buy it pre-minced in a jar from the grocery store. I often choose the latter for convenience.
Shredded parmesan- To give us a nice cheesy taste and appearance after the chicken has been cooked, use shredded parmesan cheese.
Parsley- This is an optional ingredient that you can use as a nice garnish for your chicken.
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Remove your thawed chicken wings from the fridge and pat dry with a paper towel. Allow to rest as you prepare the next few steps.
Preheat the air fryer by setting it to 390F for 2 minutes.
Add your salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, baking powder, and grated parmesan cheese to a bowl.
Mix well until no chunks of unmixed seasoning or powder remain. Set aside.
Add your chicken wings to a large mixing bowl.
Add olive oil and toss well to combine.
Add your seasoning mixture to the chicken.
Toss well to coat.
Place the chicken wings into an even layer inside of your air fryer basket. Try to allow space between each for the air to circulate.
Cook at 390F for 10 minutes.
Flip the wings over to reveal the bottom sides.
Cook for another 10 minutes.
Add your butter and minced garlic to a microwave safe mixing bowl.
Heat for 30 seconds or until the butter has melted.
Add in your cooked chicken wings.
Toss well with a pair of tongs to combine and coat in the sauce.
Mix in the shredded parmesan cheese.
Mix well to coat and cover all of the wings.
Serve warm with fresh parsley for garnish (if desired).
🍴 Recipe Tips
When tossing the sauce and chicken together in a bowl, I recommend using tongs instead of your hands to prevent burns, as they can be too hot to handle.
You can use a small saucepan to melt the butter and garlic together instead of a microwave, but you will still need a large mixing bowl to combine the sauce with the wings.
You will know that your chicken has finished cooking properly when you can insert an instant read food thermometer into the meat hand have it register as 165 degrees F. The meat and juices may still have a slight pink coloration to them but it should not look raw.
Microwave- I recommend laying chicken wings on a microwave-safe plate between two sheets of slightly dampened paper towels. Heat for 2 minutes or until warmed through. The paper towels will keep the chicken from drying out.
Oven- Preheat your oven to 350F and lay your chicken wings onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until fully heated through and crispy.
Air fryer- Reheat chicken wings in the air fryer by laying them in an even layer in the basket and cooking at 360F for 5 minutes. You may wish to flip them over halfway so that they can cook evenly.
🥗 Side Dishes
You can store your leftover chicken wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. For the best tasting results I recommend eating within 2 days and reheating again before serving.
It's not necessary, but it does make for fantastic results! Baking powder helps to make a nice crispy crust around all of the wings. It does not give it any difference in taste as the results are all textural.
Raw unbreaded chicken wings do not contain any carbs. Carbs are usually added through breading and added ingredients. Our recipe only contains 3 carbs per serving.
Depending on the size of the chicken wings or drummettes, you can usually find about 8 wings per pound.
More great chicken recipes to check out soon
- Crispy Baked Chicken Quarters
- Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Cheesy Chicken with Quinoa and Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 1.5 pounds Chicken wings ($3.74)
- ½ teaspoon Salt ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder ($0.05)
- ½ teaspoon Paprika ($0.05)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder ($0.06)
- 2 Tablespoons Grated parmesan cheese ($0.36)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil ($0.13)
Butter Parmesan Sauce:
- ¼ cup Butter ($0.38)
- 2 teaspoon Minced garlic ($0.10)
- ¼ cup Fresh grated parmesan cheese ($0.24)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Remove your thawed chicken wings from the fridge and pat dry with a paper towel. Allow to rest as you prepare the next few steps.
- Preheat the air fryer by setting it to 390F for 2 minutes.
- Add your salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and baking powder, and grated parmesan cheese to a bowl.
- Mix well until no chunks of unmixed seasoning or powder remain. Set aside.
- Add your chicken wings to a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss well to combine.
- Add your seasoning mixture to the chicken. Toss well to coat.
- Place the chicken wings into an even layer inside of your air fryer basket. Try to allow space between each for the air to circulate.
- Cook at 390F for 10 minutes.
- Flip the wings over to reveal the bottom sides.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
Garlic Butter Sauce
- Add your butter and minced garlic to a microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds or until the butter has melted.
- Add in your cooked chicken wings. Toss well with a pair of tongs to combine and coat in the sauce.
- Mix in the shredded parmesan cheese. Mix well to coat and cover all of the wings.
- Serve warm with fresh parsley for garnish (if desired). Enjoy!