Check out this air fryer club sandwich- it puts other sandwiches to shame. Packed with crisp cold lettuce and tomatoes, melty cheese, and warm deli meat between toasted slices of bread.
This is the perfect air fried sandwich (and I should know as I have made a lot of air fried sandwich recipes!) But the combination of warm, cold, toasty, gooey, and crispy all come together to create the most pleasant experience ever.
This club sandwich doesn't take too much time to prepare and can easily be made in minutes. No more going out to restaurants for a taste of this classic sandwich because you can make yours in the convenience of your own home.
Why This Recipe Works
- It's quick to make. From start to finish, from prep to table, this recipe takes only a few minutes. Just a little hands on time and a little patience are all that is required.
- Easy to make. Building this sandwich is very simple and easy. It's as simple as spreading some mayo and assembling the ingredients in the proper order. This can be done by anyone, including those with little kitchen cooking experience.
- The sandwich is perfect. While there's nothing wrong with a classic club sandwich, this air fried version truly improved upon perfection by adding elements you didn't even know that you needed.
- Sandwich bread
- Ham deli meat
- Turkey deli meat
- Sliced cheese
- Salt and Pepper
For specific quantities, see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Air fryer
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
Check out how to make an air fryer club sandwich with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Spread mayo on one side of both bread slices.
Lay the bread, mayo side up in the air fryer. If needed, get a small trivet to place on top of the bread so that it doesn't fly around.
Toast at 360F for 3 minutes.
Remove the bread from the air fryer and spread mayo on the other side of the bread (the non-toasted sides).
Lay the cheese on top of one slice of bread.
Lay your meat slices on the other slice of bread.
Toast at 360 degrees F for 2 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer and add your cold lettuce and tomatoes. Top the tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the two halves together and enjoy your sandwich.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Note that your bread can fly around in an air fryer basket during the initial toasting process. This is because of the circulated air forcing it upwards. If this happens the bread will not be very toasted, but you can extend the cooking time for 1-3 minutes to get the bread to your desired level of toastiness.
You can prevent the bread from flying around by securing it with a small metal trivet (like you'd use in an Instant Pot).
Make sure the bread is darkened to your liking before removing it from the basket because it will not darken anymore.
While not every club sandwich offers bacon as an ingredient, they certainly can contain bacon and you can feel free to add a few slices of cooked bacon to your sandwich if desired.
No, three slices of bread can be a lot of carbs but you can just as easily get a filling and delicious sandwich from a regular 2 bread sliced sandwich.
Yes, you can use chicken (shredded or deli versions), turkey, ham, or a combination of them all. Pick and choose based on what you have on hand or what you'd like to eat. Enjoy!
More great air fryer recipes to check out soon
- Air Fryer Turkey Sandwich
- Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
- Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
- Easy Air Fryer Mini Pizzas
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- Air Fryer Tostadas
Air Fryer Club Sandwich
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise ($0.23)
- 2 slices Sandwich bread ($0.08)
- 3 slices Turkey deli meat ($0.61)
- 3 slices Ham deli meat ($0.61)
- 2 slices Cheese (American, Swiss, cheddar, Gruyere, Muenster, etc) ($0.62)
- 2 slices Roma tomato ($0.09)
- Salt and pepper to taste ($0.00)
- Spread mayo on one side of both bread slices.
- Lay the bread, mayo side up in the air fryer. If needed, get a small trivet to place on top of the bread so that it doesn't fly around.
- Toast at 360F for 3 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the air fryer and spread mayo on the other side of the bread (the non-toasted sides).
- Lay the cheese on top of one slice of bread.
- Lay your meat slices on the other slice of bread.
- Toast at 360 degrees F for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and add your cold lettuce and tomatoes. Top the tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the two halves together and enjoy your sandwich.
- You can use any cheese slice options including cheddar, swiss, provolone, or Munster (as examples).
- You do not have to preheat your air fryer before use.
- You can swap out the mayo for butter if you want.