This copycat Denny's pancake recipe tastes like the real deal and saves you from having to put your shoes on and find the car keys. You're going to love these golden fluffy pancakes made from scratch in your own kitchen because it's even easier than you think!
These are the best ever buttermilk pancakes from scratch and once you try this recipe yourself, you'll be hooked. every bite is so fluffy and soft, the right amount of flavor in every bite, it's an addictingly good pancake that will have you eating stacks at a time.
We love Denny's so much but now that we live a good 40 minute drive from the nearest one, it's hard to justify the drive and costs. Making this Denny's pancake recipe at home has been a huge budget saver.
Before we moved, we were ordering Denny's for delivery a few times per month (way more than pizza) so you can imagine our savings. These pancakes taste like the real thing and even more so when you use leftover Denny's syrup and some whipped butter over the top of a warm stack of golden pancakes.
- Canola oil
- Baking soda
- All Purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
For the exact measurements, please see the recipe card below.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Do not overmix the batter. Your goal is to get the flour incorporated so that there are no more streaks and the batter should retain a few lumps.
You know your pancake is ready to flip when the edges look set and there are bubbles in the center. You may need to have a few test pancakes as you adjust to the proper heating temp.
Do not squish your pancakes when you flip them as this will press out the air and cause the pancakes to turn out rubbery and flat. You want them tall and fluffy, so let them rise to the occasion.
Check out how to make Denny's pancakes with these simple step-by-step instructions:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until well mixed.
In another bowl whisk together the egg, oil, and buttermilk until blended.
Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and whisk until combined and no flour streaks remain. Do not overmix. The batter will be lumpy.
Scoop the batter by the ¼ cup measures onto a preheated greased skillet over medium heat.
Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side or until both sides are golden in color.
More great pancake recipes to try
- The BEST Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- Simple Crepes (with Pancake Mix)
- Hot Chocolate Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Butter Pecan Syrup
- Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Syrup
(Copycat) Denny's Pancake Recipe
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (vegetable oil works too)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until well mixed.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, oil, and buttermilk until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and whisk until combined and no flour streaks remain. Do not overmix. The batter will be lumpy.
- Scoop the batter by the ¼ cup measures onto a preheated greased skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side or until both sides are golden in color.