A simple and delicious way to get those Omega 3's and green veggies into your diet. This soft, cheesy salmon and spinach quiche will really hit the spot at breakfast, brunch, or dinner!
I am a huge fan of quiche. It's a cheap and filling meal served in pie form- I mean, you can never go wrong with pie, right?
As a weekly recipient of Imperfect Foods deliveries, I often find myself with cheap odds and ends in the kitchen. Thanks to the good deals I now have a ton of smoked salmon in my freezer. No, this post was not sponsored by them, I'm just a big fan of affordable produce, meat, and foods!
P.S. You can sign up for Imperfect Foods for a Free $10 to spend with this referral link.
- Swiss Cheese
- Smoked Salmon
- Milk or Half and Half
- Fresh Spinach
- 9" Prepared Pie Crust
- Green Onion
- Salt and Pepper
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
- Pie plate
- Measuring cups
🍴 Recipe Tips
When making this salmon and spinach pie it's a great idea to make sure that you keep a baking sheet under the pan as it bakes. This will help to catch the spills that bubble over so that you save yourself a headache of cleaning the oven later.
The quiche will be done when it looks slightly underdone at the top and firmer around the edges. It would register 160 degrees F on an instant read thermometer, (just like chicken).
If you don't have smoked salmon you can sub it out for a can of boneless salmon (drained) or 1 cup's worth of leftover cooked salmon- like dinner leftovers. 😉 It turns out pretty great either way!
This smoked salmon and spinach quiche recipe is very savory and light/fluffy in texture. Paired with a buttery crust it's a pretty perfect food as-is. But serving it alongside some other light dishes such as a broth soup, biscuits, or steamed vegetables are also great ideas.
Absolutely! Just thaw and drain out as much water as possible, squeezing it out as best as you can before incorporating it.
Check out how to make salmon and spinach quiche with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Take your prepared pie crust and stab it with a fork several times along the bottom and the sides. Blind bake for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven. This will keep you from getting a soggy pie!
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and cook the diced onions until caramelized. This should be about 2-3 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds and remove from heat.
In a large glass bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the milk.
Add the garlic and onion mixture and stir again.
Stir in the salmon, Swiss cheese, and spinach.
If desired, add in a dash of salt and pepper.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baked pie crust.
Top with sliced green onions.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until set. The top will look a little soft, but it will reach 160 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Check out these other great recipes
- Easy 45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls
- Whole Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
- One Pan Tilapia and Green Beans
- Tater Tot Casserole
Salmon and Spinach Quiche
- 1 small diced onion ($0.70)
- 2 tablespoon butter ($0.18)
- 2 cups Swiss cheese ($1.98)
- 2 oz smoked salmon (or one cup chopped leftover salmon) ($2.74)
- 6 large eggs ($0.48)
- 1 cup milk or half and half ($0.19)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly torn/chopped ($0.66)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ($0.10)
- 1 9" deep crust pie crust ($2.74)
- 2 tablespoon green onion, chopped ($0.02)
- salt and pepper to taste ($0.04)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stab the pie crust with a fork several times and blind bake the pie crust for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet melt the butter and add in the onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until caramelized.
- Add the garlic to the onions and saute for another 30 seconds. remove from heat and let cool as you proceed.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until beaten. Add in the milk and stir again.
- Add the garlic and onion mixture and stir again.
- Chopped salmon, Swiss cheese, and spinach. Stir again.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with the green onions.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until set. It should register a minimum of 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer if you aren't sure.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy.