There's nothing better than a sip of iced cold lemonade, but when you add blue raspberry, you get an instant upgrade. Blue raspberry lemonade has become our favorite summer drink, and this recipe is constantly on repeat around here.
Reaching for a packet of Kool-Aid mix can be tempting, but once you realize how easy it is to make your own blue raspberry lemonade from scratch, you're going to wish you had done it sooner.
Made with fresh lemons, plenty of ice, and some blue raspberry syrup, this drink is too good to resist. For more lemonade variety, make sure to check out our Creamy Lemonade, Pickle Lemonade, Orange Lemonade, and Old Fashioned Lemonade.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- It's simple enough to make on repeat. This is a cold lemonade recipe you'll want to drink over and over again. With the simple ingredients and steps, that shouldn't be a problem.
- It's fast to make. You can have a pitcher of ice cold blue lemonade ready to drink in just minutes flat. The hard part is not drinking it too quickly because then you'll need another pitcher full.
- It's a fun variation. We LOVE lemonade and have found so many tasty variations to it over the years, but this is one we go back to often. The fun color, unique flavor, and refreshing goodness are even better than regular lemonade.
Sugar- To cut down on acidity and bring us some sweetness, you'll need some granulated sugar.
Lemon juice- For the best flavor, you'll want to use freshly squeezed lemons, but you can use lemon juice concentrate in a pinch.
Blue raspberry syrup- This can be a bit tricky to find, but I found my Torani Blue Raspberry Syrup on Amazon. You may be able to find it in grocery stores near you, but if needed, you can use blue raspberry snow cone syrup instead!
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Lemon juice. If you don't have real lemons on hand, you can use concentrate instead. You can also use it to bring the fresh lemon juice up to the required measurement so you can keep that strong lemon flavor.
Blue raspberry syrup. If you can't find blue raspberry syrup anywhere online or in-store, try using some blue raspberry snow cone syrup.
Step 1: Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a small pot over the stove.
Step 2: Stir and heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Allow the syrup to cool before use.
Step 3: Pour the simple syrup into your pitcher.
Step 4: Add in the blue raspberry syrup.
Step 5: Add in the lemon juice.
Step 6: Now add in the water and enough ice cubes to fill the pitcher. Stir to combine.
Step 7: Add sliced lemon for garnish, if desired.
Pour into drinking glasses and enjoy cold.
🍴 Recipe Tips
To squeeze more juice out of fresh lemons a tip I like to use is microwaving them for about 10-30 seconds. Then before slicing in half, roll them back and forth along the counter while pushing down on them, like you're rolling out a dough log. This helps to get more juice out of the lemons.
If desired, you can make Microwave Simple Syrup instead of cooking it on the stovetop.
⏲️ Make Ahead Instructions
If you plan to make this recipe more than a few hours in advance, I recommend not adding the ice and garnishes until later. Prepare the lemonade as-is, and leave it in the pitcher in the fridge for several hours or a day before serving. Then add the ice and garnishes closer to serving time.
This will keep the ice from melting too quickly and help you to avoid a watered-down flavor.
This lemonade is good for up to 5 days. Make sure you keep it stored in the fridge when not being used.
"Blue" is the color given to this unique fruity flavor. While there are no real "blue raspberries" found in nature, this flavor is a combination of various fruits (mostly citrus). Giving it a unique name and color helps to make it stand out in the crowd and makes it a lot more fun.
This lemonade drink is made with lemon juice, water, sugar, and blue raspberry syrup. Add in some ice, and it's a refreshing drink that's ready for summer.
Your flavored syrup can be used in lemonade, mixed alcoholic drinks, snow cones, and more. Use it to celebrate patriotic holidays with the bright blue color or just for fun, and it's sure to be a hit!
❤️ More Delicious Beverage Recipes
If you tried this blue raspberry lemonade, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
Blue Raspberry Lemonade
- 1 cup Granulated sugar ($0.22)
- 4 cups Water, divided ($0.00)
- 1 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (4-5 large lemons) ($3.41)
- 3 Tablespoons Blue Raspberry Syrup ($0.94)
- Ice Cubes ($0.00)
- 1 small Lemon, sliced *for garnish ($0.68)
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a small pot over the stove.
- Stir and heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Allow the syrup to cool before use.
- Pour the simple syrup into your pitcher.
- Add in the blue raspberry syrup.
- Add in the lemon juice.
- Now add in the water and enough ice cubes to fill the pitcher. Stir to combine.
- Add sliced lemon for garnish, if desired.
- Pour into drinking glasses and enjoy cold.
- Lemon Juice: You can use lemon concentrate to replace fresh lemons or combine it with fresh juice to reach the required measurement.
- Blue Raspberry Syrup: If you can't find blue raspberry syrup, consider using blue raspberry snow cone syrup as an alternative.
- Microwaving lemons for 10-30 seconds and rolling them on the counter before slicing can help extract more juice.
- When preparing in advance, avoid adding ice and garnishes. Make the lemonade as directed, refrigerate for several hours or up to a day, and add ice and garnishes just before serving to prevent dilution.
- Store the lemonade in the fridge for up to 5 days for optimal freshness.