This 4 ingredient no churn mason jar ice cream recipe is one you'll never forget. It's so creamy, sweet, smooth, and absolutely perfect with every bite. An absolutely indulgent treat to enjoy all summer long.
We love peanut butter and ice cream and placing the two together in one creamy dessert just feels right. What's great is that you hardly need any peanut butter at all to get a wonderful flavor so even if you've only got a small bit left in your jar, you can probably make a batch of ice cream!
The taste of this easy peanut butter ice cream has me feeling nostalgic and not for the reasons you may think. While it's not as strong in flavor as a peanut butter cookie it is pretty comparable to a no-bake peanut butter pie.
That said, my flavor thoughts have me thinking back to Dewar's Peanut Butter Taffy Chews. If you haven't had this Bakersfield, CA hidden gem of a treat, they do ship them. This ice cream reminds me so much of the peanut butter-filled taffy chews from Dewars (one of my two favorites next to the peppermint ones.)
Why this Recipe Works
- It's easy. Just add everything to a mason jar and shake. This recipe is perfect for at home summer activities with the kids.
- It's perfect for single servings. No need to whip up a large batch of ice cream when you can just make a single treat and call it a day. Perfect for those of us that don't eat ice cream too often.
- The kids can do the hard parts! What I love most is that I can grab a few mason jars and then get my kids to do the shaking. They love helping out with these ice creams and helping me to come up with new flavors.
Heavy Whipping Cream- You should look for the heavy creams with the higher fat percentage as this will give you a creamier consistency, and it holds up a bit better too.
Granulated Sugar- Adding a little granulated sugar into the mix will make it nice and sweet.
Vanilla- You will need vanilla extract to help us get our desired flavor. A higher quality vanilla will give a stronger flavor but use what you have on hand.
Creamy Peanut Butter- This will add a nice savory touch to the ice cream and give it that delicious flavor we're looking for.
🍽 Equipment Needed
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Check out how to make peanut butter mason jar ice cream with these simple step-by-step instructions:
Add your heavy cream to a pint-sized mason jar.
Next, add your granulated sugar to the jar of cream.
Add in the vanilla extract and the peanut butter.
Close the lid to the jar and secure it tightly.
Shake for about 3-5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Dip a spoon into the mixture to test thickness. You want the cream to cling to the spoon and not have more than a drip or two.
Close the lid again and place the jar into the freezer for about 3 hours before eating.
🍴 Recipe Tips
Make sure to use a pint sized mason jar with a fitted lid and rim for your peanut butter ice cream. This will make sure that your ice cream mixture has enough space to move around and become frothy. Too much space or even too little space (a bigger or smaller jar) will change the results and could cause you to work harder to make your ice cream perfect.
You will know that you are done mixing up the ice cream mixture when it goes from sounding sloshy inside the jar to being stiffer. You can physically feel and hear the mixture thicken as you shake the jar, and once it's noticeably thick and no longer moving around in there, stop.
To test that your ice cream has thickened perfectly, open the lid and dip a spoon in. Hold the spoon straight up above the jar. You want the liquid to cling to the spoon well and have no more than a drop or two back into the jar. When it does this, you're ready to close the jar back up and place it into the freezer. In just a few hours, your peanut butter ice cream recipe is ready!
If you use a keto approved peanut butter (low sodium and sugar) this recipe is keto-friendly. It has a low amount of sugar compared to other ice creams out there and tastes great too so enjoy your diet and a sweet treat.
More great frozen treat recipes to try
- Strawberry Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Vanilla Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Toasted Marshmallow Mason Jar Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Mason Jar Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Mason Jar Ice Cream
- ½ cup Heavy cream ($0.50)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar ($0.01)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract ($0.04)
- 1 teaspoons Peanut butter ($0.01)
- Measure your heavy cream and pour it into a mason jar.
- Add your sugar to the jar.
- Add the vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Close the lid to the jar nice and tightly.
- Shake the jar really good for about 3 minutes. You'll feel the texture within the jar change slightly and the mix should be thick enough to cling to a spoon when dipped, without running off more than a drop of two.
- Place the jar in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 3 hours before eating.