A delicious and sweet white chocolate cheesecake with cranberry sauce layered throughout. With sweet, tangy, rich, and delicious cheesecake-like this, your holidays will be set.
This is the perfect holiday cheesecake to bring to the table the next time everyone gathers together for the traditional holiday meal.
It’s also a great way to use up the leftover can of jellied cranberries you forgot in the pantry or the leftover cranberry sauce you made from scratch this year.
Cranberries and white chocolate are a perfect pairing and adding the rich and creamy cheesecake to the mix are just wonderful. The gingersnap pie crust at the bottom adds a little spice and helps to tone down that sweetness just a tad and it very much recommended as opposed to a graham cracker crust.
Cranberry cheesecake recipe ingredients
For the gingersnap crust you will need:
Gingersnap cookie crumbs. Just buy a box of gingersnap cookies and mash them into crumbs inside a Ziploc or food processor.
Melted butter. To help adhere the crumbs into a solid mass.
Sugar. Adding a little sweetness and caramelization that helps to solidify the crust.
For the filling, you will need:
Jellied cranberries. You can also use 1-2 cups of leftover homemade cranberry sauce or canned whole cranberry sauce.
White chocolate baking chips. We need a 12-ounce bag of white chocolate chips or 2 cups of chopped chocolate.
Half and half. You can also use milk or heavy cream.
Cream cheese. Giving us a rich cream cheese flavor are 3 blocks (8 ounces each) of cream cheese.
Eggs. We need 3 large eggs.
Vanilla. Vanilla extract helps to give us a good flavor base to work off of.
What you’ll need to make this recipe
BeeyondCereal is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Tips for making white chocolate cranberry cheesecake
Make sure that you don’t overmix the crumb crust. As you can see in some of my photos, I did exactly that. When you overmix the crust you create a solid mass that doesn’t enjoy being cut and removed from the pan as easily. This makes serving a tad more difficult.
The cranberry flavor isn’t overwhelming but is much more like a savory afternote from the white chocolate which is nice. For a stronger cranberry flavor, you can add more cranberry sauce, but try not to exceed 2 cups in total. A fresher sauce will obviously give a stronger flavor.
Make this cheesecake the day before so it has plenty of time to chill and solidify.
FAQ’s about white chocolate and cranberry cheesecake recipe
Yes, this cheesecake could be made in a 10 inch instead of a 9 inch. Just note that the baking time will be less and the cheesecake will be thinner, so keep a more watchful eye and pull it from the oven when it passes the “clean knife” test.
Yes. This can be made, chilled, and then frozen for up to 3 months. Allow it to chill completely overnight before wrapping it in plastic wrap and storing it in an airtight container. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
How to make cranberry white chocolate cheesecake
In a bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients until crumbly and then press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
In another bowl, melt your chocolate chips with the half and half in 30-second intervals in the microwave. Stir between each until smooth. You can also melt them in a pot on the stove over low heat. Let cool.
In another microwave bowl or pot, heat the cranberry jelly until soft and no longer chunky. Let cool.
In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well until smooth after each addition.
Pour the white chocolate mixture and the vanilla extract into the cheesecake batter and blend until smooth.
Pour half of the cheesecake batter into the prepared pie crust.
Spread most (if not all) of the cranberry sauce onto the layer of cheesecake.
Pour in the remaining batter and spread smooth.
If desired, drop the remaining cranberry sauce in small dollops or drops and then use a toothpick to swirl around for a cool design.
Bake for about 55-60 minutes until the cheesecake has set.
Let it cool and then cover and place it in the fridge for serval hours or overnight to chill before serving.
More great Christmas recipes to try
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Easy Christmas Pretzels
- Hot Chocolate Pancakes
- Cranberry Eggnog Streusel Muffins
- Christmas Tree Pretzels
- White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 14oz can jellied cranberries
- 2 cups white chocolate baking chips (12 ounce bag)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 bricks (8 ounce each) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the crust ingredients in a bowl and then press them into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In another bowl, melt your chocolate chips and half and half in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until smooth. Or, if preferred, melt over low heat in a saucepan on the stove. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a microwave bowl or in another saucepan over low, heat the jellied cranberries until soft and no long chunky.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
- Add in your eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in the vanilla extract and the white chocolate until smooth.
- Pour half of the white chocolate cheesecake batter into the prepared crust.
- Spread most (if not all) of the softened jellied cranberries over the top of the cranberry sauce.
- Pour in the remaining cheesecake batter, and spread smooth.
- You can use a butter knife to create swirls of cranberry or dollop small amounts of the cranberry sauce over the top of the cheesecake and swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes until set.
- Let cool. Cover and then chill for several hours before serving.