This smores pie recipe is rich, creamy, and topped with melted roasted marshmallows while nestled in a graham cracker crust. You may miss the campfire, but you won't miss the gooey smores experience with this easy smore pie.
Not to be confused with my No Bake Smores Ice Cream Pie, this recipe uses milk chocolate and a homemade custard to get that perfect creamy consistency in every slice.
I love how easily and wonderfully this smores pie recipe comes together. It's all the things you love most about smores, but made in pie form. Perfect for a sweet summer dessert.
My husband says this recipe is perfect the way it is and may have helped himself to more slices after I turned away, but I'm glad he likes it and I hope you do too.
🍯 Why This Recipe Works
- Minimal ingredients. The filling is just 4 simple ingredients, and then marshmallows are added on top. Broiled until their your level of perfection so if you like roasted marshmallows dark or lightly golden brown, you can have it your way!
- Easy to make. The filling for this recipe is very quick and easy to make, which means that it's great for novice bakers that are looking for more experience in the kitchen.
- It's a frugal dessert. Made for about $5 in cost, this pie is pretty frugal and easy to add to almost any budget. Bring it to the next BBQ or potluck and watch how fast it disappears.
Prepared Graham cracker crust- You will want to use a store-bought Graham cracker crust or homemade crust made from Graham cracker crumbs and Butter. I like storebought because it saves me time and effort.
Milk chocolate chips- Smores are made with milk chocolate bars, so it's recommended that we use milk chocolate chips for that iconic taste. You can use semi-sweet if desired, but it just won't be the same.
Marshmallows- Adding marshmallows and toasting them is what brings this smores pie full circle. Marshmallows make a lovely garnish and give us the missing ingredient needed to complete our smores.
For specific ingredients and measurements, please see the recipe card below.
🔪 Instructions for Smores Pie
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine your graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well mixed. Press evenly into a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
Step 3: Pour your heavy cream into a microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot and bubbling. Add in the chocolate chips and let sit for about 5 minutes, do not stir.
Step 4: Whisk the chocolate and cream together until smooth, adding in the vanilla.
Step 5: In another bowl whisk the eggs until beaten.
Step 6: Take some of the chocolate mixture and pour it into the eggs and whisk to temper the eggs.
Step 7: Then pour the egg mixture into the heavy cream and whisk until well blended.
Step 8: Pour your filling into the prepared pie crust and then bake for 25 minutes until set.
Step 9: Let cool for about 30 minutes.
Step 10: Top with your large marshmallows. Turn your oven broiler on high and place your pie in there for a few seconds to a minute until the marshmallows are toasted to your desired level of doneness.
Step 11: Keep a careful and close eye on them as they can burn quickly.
Step 12: Let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
🍴 Recipe Tips
For this smore pie recipe, you can use a premade graham cracker crust to cut down on time.
Using chopped Hershey bars instead of milk chocolate chips is also a great option and tastes incredible.
When you're broiling the pie to toast the marshmallows do not walk away from the oven! These marshmallows will toast and burn very quickly. In under a minute, you'll have them to the perfect level of doneness.
💭 Recipe FAQs
Keep your smores pudding pie covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Yes, you could. Marshmallow fluff would create a great look once spread over the top but it might be a bit sticky and hard to spread.
Absolutely! It cuts down on time and effort that way. If you want to use a store-bought crust, feel free to go for it. You won't need to blind bake it so skip straight to the filling preparation and continue the recipe card from there.
❤️ More Delicious Pie Recipes
If you tried this Smores Pie, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and share your feedback in the 📝 comments section below. I would truly appreciate it!
- 1 ½ cup Graham cracker crumbs (about 1.5 sleeves) ($1.11)
- 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted ($0.62)
- 1 cup Heavy cream ($1.49)
- 1 cup Milk chocolate chips ($1.00)
- 3 large Eggs ($0.45)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ($0.03)
- ½ bag Large marshmallows ($0.56)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well mixed. Pour into 9 inch pie plate and press evenly.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes and let cool as you prepare the filling.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, pour your heavy cream and microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot and bubbling. Add in the chocolate chips and let sit for about 5 minutes, do not stir.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream together until smooth, add vanilla. In another bowl whisk the eggs until beaten.
- Take some of the chocolate mixture and pour it into the eggs and whisk to temper the eggs. Then pour the egg mixture into the heavy cream and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and then bake for 25 minutes until set. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Top with your large marshmallows. Turn your oven broiler on high and place your pie in there for a few seconds to a minute until the marshmallows are toasted to your desired level of doneness. Keep a careful and close eye on them as they can burn quickly.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy.